Koodo Community

Community

Solved

When can i upgrade phone?

Is there anyway i can check how long i got till i can upgrade my phone ?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Unless you're on an old iphone contract, you can upgrade whenever you like All you need to do is choose a phone and pay the difference between what's left on your tab and the cost of a new phone. For instance I'm on Tab Small My remaining tab balance is -50 This means I have 100$ of my original 150$ paid off The phone I want is 150$ I use 100$ from my tab and pay 50$ cash and viola, I have a new phone. If you're wanting to also upgrade your tab level, you'll need to pay off your previous tab first through self serve or at a kiosk.
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

Unless you're on an old iphone contract, you can upgrade whenever you like All you need to do ...

1 star!!! we could have not explained it better!
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

Unless you're on an old iphone contract, you can upgrade whenever you like All you need to do ...

Hi there, almost right! All customers need to pay off their tab balance before upgrading their phone, even if it's on another Tab Small 🙂 This has been implemented a few weeks ago. Thank you!
Userlevel 5
Chad Burr wrote:

You may have to pay off your tab in order to upgrade but you will have more tab credits to spend on your new upgrade so you'll be paying the same amount nevertheless!
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Yannick, when does the system alert you to this? I just tried and was able to stack but I didn't go through with the purchase. Is there something wrong?
can i still upgrade my phone if the screen is cracked?
Userlevel 7
Breannia Danielle Caines wrote:

Yes, in fact it's better that you do lol. As long as you're not on spending limit you can upgrade almost once per billing cycle if you really want to.

okay thanks 🙂 i was also wondering how to figure out how much you will be paying for the upgrade while still on a tab?
Userlevel 7

you have pay off the rest of your tab before upgrading, you can see how much you owe on your tab under the koodo tab section of your monthly bill or in self serve. after the negative tab is paid off, you are free to use the tab once again to get any phone you like that koodo carries 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You just need to pay off your current tab first and you can use the Tab S or the Tab M to purchase a new phone 🙂 What phone do you have on your mind to get?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Upgrade doesn't mean that Koodo take your phone in to get you a new phone here. It's simply you can purchase a new phone any time you want. You can keep your phone as a back up or you can sell it someone if the phone condition is right for those people 🙂
I'm planning on upgrading my phone this month and change who I am with. How do I do this. I know I have to pay off the balance which I'll be doing that this month.
Userlevel 5
Go to the new company, make the arrangements with them for your new phone, have them port your Koodo phone number to them (the new company). Koodo will then send you, a final bill.