Koodo Community

Community

Solved

when can i trade in my note 2 i really am not liking it...i got it in november 2014

I was downloading a message retrivial app and all of a sudden ...no service and theres a circle at the top of my cell..i went to qevice info and theres no carrier or nothing....help????

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Remove your battery and SIM card and then put them back. Start the phone and see if that solves your problem. If not, let us know and we'll try additional options. As you got your phone 5 months ago, you can't return it. Trading it in would not give you a lot of money. If you really dislike it, I recommend selling it yourself.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

Remove your battery and SIM card and then put them back. Start the phone and see if that solves y...

If you want to sell it, better spend the $35 to get it unlocked while you still have it on contract. Much easier to sell an unlocked phone that you can advertise as Bell, Telus, Koodo or AT&T compatible. They are going for about $150 in the US.
thank you I tried to do as you said and no go...:(....I don't want to return it im on a contract...lol but I would like to trade it in for like hmmm...maybe nexus or windows,,,? thank you for helping!! oxxo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hawttie wrote:

thank you I tried to do as you said and no go...:(....I don't want to return it im on a contract....

Go into your network settings and make sure that you're not set to GSM (2G) only. 3G (HSPA/UMTS) has to be enabled. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3cDcf4AoRc If it is enabled, try manually selecting Koodo from the operator list. If this doesn't solve your issue, I recommend taking your phone to the nearest Koodo kiosk to try one of their SIM cards. If it works, then it's just your SIM card that needs to be replaced. You can see how much they'd give you on trade for the phone when you visit. I can assure you that it won't be much.
Hawttie wrote:

thank you I tried to do as you said and no go...:(....I don't want to return it im on a contract....

hi I cant find where the network is for@g or 3 g I scan and it just scans forever...I took it to the kodoo store and they don't understand why its like this also bought new chip
Hawttie wrote:

2g
thank you so much
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hawttie wrote:

thank you so much

You're welcome!