Koodo Community
Solved

What will happen if I use more data than allowed?

My plan includes no data usage. But I just found out that I have used 20KB of data. I have been using wifi the entire time and never checked "Mobile Data". So how did this happen and how does this affect my bill?

8 replies

If you get charged extra for that usage, you call/email Koodo and tell them you have your data disabled and request the charge to be refunded.
Userlevel 6
Hellothere wrote:

If you get charged extra for that usage, you call/email Koodo and tell them you have your data di...

Well, it's nearly impossible for using data if your data is blocked or turned off completely. I'd be surprised if they gave a credit. I wouldn't if I were them. It's like getting on the bus, give your ticket, them say oooopps.......I really didn't want to take the bus, can I have my ticket back.:-) @Yue the data charges vary based on what plan you are on. The current talk and text plans have $7.50 per 50MB charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's possible. A few years back I changed my APN to prevent data usage. But a small charge came through due to a few KB even though I could not use data with an incorrect APN. For 20KB I would complain. They have forgiven more for a lot less of a reason
Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

It's possible. A few years back I changed my APN to prevent data usage. But a small charge came...

Hmmmm.....how is that possible? Did you ever figure it out?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

It's possible. A few years back I changed my APN to prevent data usage. But a small charge came...

Happened 3 times. Then it stopped

Userlevel 6
Dennis wrote:

Wow, you are good record keeper. That email is from 3 years ago. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

LOL I have an entire label dedicated to Koodo in my gmail now
Userlevel 6
If the person who activates your phone for you doesn't turn off your data quick enough you might get a small amount of data used. Someone previously said that when they activate a phone, they turn the phone on without putting the SIM in so that they can at least get to the menu where they turn off data and activate WiFi (if the retailer has it). That way if the phone does try to use any data, it won't have a SIM card (ie your account) to charge that data to.