Koodo Community

Community

Solved

what to choose?

is the samsung galaxy note better than the iphone? what features make this phone better than the iphone?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes the Galaxy Note is better better, better display faster processor, way more features including the amazing array of S - Pen features, better battery life, much much better for gaming and watching videos because of the large display. You can get free music and videos on it. It's just a bigger and more powerful beast of a phone. The Galaxy Note 2 is even better than the original Galaxy Note and is definitely one of the best and in my eyes the best smartphone ever built its superfantabulous times a million trillion lol.
Userlevel 7
http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/just_got_an_iphone_5_now_what
lol, loved that post read...
Only advantage of an iPhone is the Apple Store. There are *some* apps released solely to Apple. That being said, anyone that has switched to Android has always found what they need to do whatever they want to do, and often for free, or at worst, cheaper. If you already have an Apple device and have bought apps for it, then you'll already have apps ready for your new iPhone. That's where the advantage ends. You're paying top dollar for worse hardware that "just works" just like any top notch cheaper Android phone with better hardware. If you aren't already locked into the Apple Store, you'll have the disadvantage to swearing an oath of fealty to Apple so you can use only the apps they think you'll want to use, and you'll bound to only their store. So if you aren't an Apple customer, the Apple Store is a disadvantage. Galaxy Note 2 also has better multitasking from everything I've read... 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Iglooman wrote:

Only advantage of an iPhone is the Apple Store. There are *some* apps released solely to Apple. ...

Yes the Galaxy Note 2 is amazing for multitasking, I can have 10 apps open and it doesn't slow down one big where the original lags with a few apps open at the same time. I've had a bunch of mobile devices an the Note 2 is the first time I have not been able to find 1 thing wrong with it at all and I even had the original Galaxy Note and it's great but there are a couple things that hold it back from being a great device. They fixed it all with the Note 2 though and made the Note 2 a complete and utter Beast of a device in every single area.
Iglooman wrote:

Only advantage of an iPhone is the Apple Store. There are *some* apps released solely to Apple. ...

Yes, being able to multitask is sweet. It's one of the things that made the Ubuntu preview video look good. And the Note 2 allows for two windows open at once, right? Do you think you'll be back to the Note 2 as primary after trying out the Z10?
Hard to go wrong with either... novices find Apple products a bit easier to use, while the Android devices have a broader potential.
The biggest difference between those two is the size. The Note is a beast - its screen is practically halfway between the iPhone and iPad Mini in size, which is one reason it's great for reading, multitasking, etc. If you want a phone you can slip into the pocket of your jeans, though, go with the iPhone or a smaller Android like the Galaxy SII. Both are well-made phones with good specs. Both OSs are excellent. Android can do more than iOS, but this can come with a slightly steeper learning curve.