Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What's wrong with my LG Optimus One?

Whenever I turn on my LG Optimus One the screen where it says "Android" then a light shines over the letters just keeps replaying over and over!

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Have you tried taking out your battery and putting it back in? If the problem persists, it seems like it probably is a hardware issue and if you're still under warranty, you can send it in for repair at a Koodo kiosk
Userlevel 4
Make sure the phone is on when you pull the battery out. Probably won't hurt to pull the sim as well.
Userlevel 7
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Make sure the phone is on when you pull the battery out. Probably won't hurt to pull the sim as w...

It's recommended you turn off your phone first. However, it shouldn't make a difference
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Make sure the phone is on when you pull the battery out. Probably won't hurt to pull the sim as w...

since when is it recommended to turn phone off Ahmad?
Userlevel 7
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Lol, really? Are you trolling? It's 'recommended' just like it's 'recommended' you switch your BB plan to non-BB plan if you switch to android/iphone. I never do it myself, but it's 'recommended' and def recommended above keeping your phone on while doing a battery pull. Do you get what I mean when I wrote that now?
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

when you turn a phone off and take a battery out and/or sim card....it does nothing. The power is already off. That is why you keep the phone on when removing said equipment
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

trolling what? I was asking you a simple question. I hear what your saying I thought maybe you had new info that ai hadn't heard of. I've always done battery pulls with the phone on since half the time it's when the phone would lock up in early versions of Android. Don't miss those days lol. Haven't had that happen on Android though since Jelly Bean.
Userlevel 7
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Smartphones are never truly "off". That's why if your phone is off with an alarm, it turns itself on. There's still power connected to the phone and still partially running internally. I actually leave my phone on myself, but again I posted what was 'recommended' Now I could care less if you should have it on or off when doing a battery pull. I'm not making this into a debate. I posted what was recommended and that's it lol, relax
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

It can be recommended but it honestly does nothing when you turn the power off first. Most, if not all, instruction manuals do say to turn the power off but from a lot of experience, it does nothing to fix the issue
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

It can be recommended but it honestly does nothing when you turn the power off first. Most, if not all, instruction manuals do say to turn the power off but from a lot of experience, it does nothing to fix the issue
Userlevel 5
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Guys. Let's try to help Connor and focus on the question without any arguments okay? What Ahmad was talking about is that it is "recommended" you turn off the device before you do a battery pull. You do this as a safety precaution. It's like putting on your seatbelt. It's a safety precaution but not everyone does it eh? Anyways, a battery pull is recommended and if all fails, you may want to send it in for repair or get it fixed.
Userlevel 2
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Actually John, it's recommended to leave the phone on when doing a battery pull. Turning the phone off does not really do anything. When the phone is left on and the battery is taken out for 1 minute, the power drains from the phone completely and helps withth refreshing the network connections. That's why our Tech Support agents recommend doing a battery pull with the phone on, not off 🙂.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up MykeC.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Thanks guys, the battery pull did it 🙂
Userlevel 2
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

That's great Connor 🙂.
Userlevel 7
Unfortunatly you're stuck in a boot loop. You're only option here is a factory reset. Heres how to get to recovery mode 1. Pull the battery. 2. Put the battery back in. 3. Hold down HOME & VOLUME DOWN, and then (while still holding the other two buttons) Press and hold the POWER button. the phone will reboot into recovery mode where you can reinstall the firmware. Which I think it does automatically. Let us know. Oquatanginwann
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

Unfortunatly you're stuck in a boot loop. You're only option here is a factory reset. Heres how t...

To add onto Chad's post, m ake sure to remove the Sim Card & SD memory card if there is one in the phone before doing the factory reset 🙂.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Unfortunatly you're stuck in a boot loop. You're only option here is a factory reset. Heres how t...

@MykeC 😛
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

;).
Chad Burr wrote:

this worked for me too..thanks 🙂