Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What's Koodo's least expensive smartphone?

I can't even tell which Koodo phones are smartphones (except of course Androids and iphones).  I can only afford about $200 total.  Should I just go to ebay?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ebay can have some great deals, but also some huge rip offs as well. Try cellphone repair shops/kijiji craigslist. Where you can see the phone before you buy it. For about 200$ unfortunately there isnt much at Koodo that you can get.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Ebay can have some great deals, but also some huge rip offs as well. Try cellphone repair shops/k...

Edit. Add "without getting a tab" to the end of my scentence. Lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Ebay can have some great deals, but also some huge rip offs as well. Try cellphone repair shops/k...

Maybe Op meant outright price, but I just stretch the option a bit  ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chadwick wrote:

Better to have more options than none at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nexus 5 , and ALCATEL ONETOUCH Idol™️ 3 16GB
They are  $168 on theTab - $7/mo tab charge for 24 months.

Samsung Grand Prime 8GB is $120 on the Tab - $5/mo tab charge for 24 months

Moto E 8GB is $168 outright or $96 on the Tab - $5/mo tab charge for 24 months

You can call Koodo stores and ask them if they have "Certified Pre-Owned Phone" in stock.
( Each store has different type of phone) I bought 2 Pre-Owned phones in the past and didn't have any issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Depending on your needs, I'd stick with a Moto e on tab. It'll be 96 as Mayumi said, and you save 100 dollars from what you can afford, which can be put to potentially more pressing needs for you. Having said that, if you're willing to "splurge," I'd say go get the Alcatel Idol 3, which would put you at 32 dollars under your limit, and it would be spread out over 24 months. It is generally a good phone from what I understand, being similarly spec'd to the well received Moto X play, but don't expect OS updates beyond what it has now. I suggest against the Samsung Grand Prime because TouchWiz has a tendency to really bog down anything less than a galaxy s6 over time. The Nexus 5 doesn't have a terribly good battery life and camera, but it's hard to beat at the price overall, and it's going to likely get updates to at least whatever android 7.0 will be, and the CPU still beats out the performance of anything else at the price point.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo just began selling a super cheap LG K4 smartphone that fits your budget.... Since they just began selling it I'm not sure how good it is but for the price you shouldn't expect too much, definitely not iPhone or Galaxy S6 or S7 type performance. $120 outright it doesn't get any cheaper than that for smartphones in Canada
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Koodo just began selling a super cheap LG K4 smartphone that fits your budget.... Since they just...

Safe choice to get your feet wet. Paul is seldom wrong in his picks. According to gsmarena.com, K4 has a 32 gig card slot to let you grow and a removable battery, both of which can be very important for the budget-conscious down the road. PLUS you will have a warranty from Koodo if you deal direct rather than taking your chances on someone's flaky used phone.