Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What's a more stable and likely longer lasting phone? LG G3 or Moto G 3rd Gen?

I am looking for a reliable phone for small business use, photos for social media marketing, office type apps, etc. I like the removable battery on the LG G3 and like the water resistant Moto G. Any ideas?  Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
I like either for what you're wanting. However two things jump out at me. Lg g3 has a large 5.5 inch display while the Moto G 3gen has only a 5 inch display. Personally I like a large display. LGG3 has 32gb storage while the Moto G has 8 in the long run I'd be much happpier with the G3 over the G for those two reasons alone.
I should add that I will probably try to keep this phone for 3 to 4 years.
Userlevel 7
Ian Hart wrote:

I should add that I will probably try to keep this phone for 3 to 4 years.

I think you'll find it slow after the first year and a half. Technology will improve way beyond these devices quickly. that being said. Good luck
Userlevel 7
The G3 is overall a better phone in all categories aside from portability, as the Moto G is slightly smaller.

However, keep in mind that the G3 is approaching the 2 year mark since it was released in Canada on Rogers and Bell (August 2013), Fido/Virgin/Koodo picked It up around February 2014. It's already an aged device and it won't be updated for too much longer, so you might want to consider getting a newer device that will be updated for at least the next 2 years, like the Nexus 5X/6P. I recommend the 6P but the 5X is at a more attractive price now then before.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Updates aren't all that important in this day and age. It's not like we're talking Gingerbread to ICS here.