Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What is wrong with your network at Brampton area?

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Could you be more specific please? What exactly is the coverage issue that you're having? Lte/4g? 3G? No signal at all?or just in certain location or buildings? The Telus/ Koodo network in the GTA is generally top notch, including Brampton.
No signal at all. I have another SIM running and that's working fine!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What provider is the other Sim with? It's working fine in the same phone? Can you try swapping the Sims in both phones to see if the no signal issue follows the Sim card? It could be that you'll just need to go get your Sim card replaced.
Just did, nothing changes. It's an international SIM.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Supriya wrote:

Put the Sims back in their original phone, and the Koodo phone, please toggle airplane mode and than reset the phone. Also, have u recently updated the software on the phone?
Supriya wrote:

No software update. Nothing is working man.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just for clarity, do you have two phones, or just one phone and two different sim cards?
One phone, two SIM cards. I tried all different combinations. I never experienced no such problems. It's today all of a sudden. I went to check the covered, no luck yet. Please help. I am paying so much to Koodo, but the experience has been bad.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What model of phone?
Irrelevant, I tried on other phones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Supriya wrote:

If I was interested in pulling teeth I would have become a dentist. You asked for help. Nobody here can provide useful advice with only half the information. If you don't want to share, fix it yourself.
Supriya wrote:

I have been providing information only for last three hours.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Supriya wrote:

Not only that but now you're giving conflicting info. You have "one phone, two SIM cards" but you "tried on other phones." which is it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Supriya wrote:

The sum total of all the information you have provided in the last 3 hours is: You are in brampton Your Koodo sim does not connect to the network. An international sim does (no indication what provider). Not exactly a lot to go on.
Supriya wrote:

Just to ensure that my phone is okay, I tried the Koodo SIM on other phone. International SIM provider is from Airtel, supported locally by Rogers. I tried alternating the ports, but still it didn't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Supriya wrote:

Rogers is the only canadian provider that operates a 2g network. If the phone you are using lacks the correct 3g bands, it may still connect to 2g service on rogers, while being incapable of connecting to another canadian network. Hence the question: what phone are you using?
Supriya wrote:

Honor 5X
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Supriya wrote:

Which version ? Where did you buy it from ? Looking at gsmarena it seems only the American version will work with Koodo. Check willmyphonework.net to see y exact sub model will work with Koodo. Is this the first time you're using it on Koodo or did it work and then stop working?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Supriya wrote:

There are 9 versions of the honor 5x,most of which would not work with Koodo. All of them would work on rogers 2g. Which specific sub model do you have? You can also check compatibility here: http://willmyphonework.net/
Userlevel 6
Supriya wrote:

Hey! Just confirming, there are no known issues with the HSPA network in Brampton at this time. Have you followed Goran's & Timo's suggestion to see if your phone will work on our network? Keep us posted! 
Supriya wrote:

Yes, it should work as it always worked without any issue. In fact, I bought the phone in India. If they say that Koodo only supports US version, how could it support until this morning? TO BE fair, it defies logic. Beating around the bushes can only confuse customers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Supriya wrote:

The only versions of the Huawei Honor 5X that will work with koodo are: KIW-L23 (Americas) KIW-L24 (Americas) KIW-L21 (Europe) Of these models, only the L23 and the L24 support both 3G bands that koodo operates on (850/1900). The L21 only supports the 1900 band, which means it is only partially compatible, and may work in some areas but not others.
Supriya wrote:

I have L22 and it has been working fine until today. It works both on 3G and 4G. As we are speaking, the connection is coming back at intervals.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Supriya wrote:

Koodo's 3G (UMTS) network operates on the 850 MHz and 1900 MHz bands. The KIW-L22 supports UMTS900 (B8), UMTS2100 (B1), LTE2100 (B1). whether it supports the correct 4G frequencies or not is irrelevant, as koodo currently only uses LTE for data, not for voice or text. In short, this phone will not work with koodo as it lacks the proper frequencies. The only reason it works with rogers is because it is connecting to their 2G network. As previously stated, Rogers is the only provider in Canada with a 2G GSM network, so they or their subsidiary brand, Fido, would be your only options.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Supriya wrote:

Hmmm...I see a few text messages going through your phone a couple of hours ago. There is zero network issue in Brampton right now, just checked your neighbourhood, so it's either your phone or the SIM. Phone may have to be hard reset. Is it a Huawei?