Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What is this number it says Im calling??

What is going on besides the fact Im getting angry???..Everytime I miss a call these days, Koodo says I have called this 226-580-4001 number when I havent...even Google  shows others with same issue..I called support and all they said was well you can change your number to prevent this and if it happens again we can submit a ticket..why not just submit 1 now??????

9 replies

Userlevel 6
That looks like a voicemail access number. Every time someone calls you and you don't answer, it goes to voicemail. These show up as outgoing calls in self-serve. You should not be charged for such calls. Note that you will pay to check voicemail from your phone, but not when you call from another line.
Ray wrote:

That looks like a voicemail access number. Every time someone calls you and you don't answer, it ...

I agree..but I am being charged..remember even if its only 5 sec its a minute..and this is making me upset
Userlevel 6
Ray wrote:

That looks like a voicemail access number. Every time someone calls you and you don't answer, it ...

It is not supposed to use your booster minutes when someone calls your voicemail. Can you confirm that in prepaid self-serve? If it is indeed charging you, please call customer service and tell them to look into it.
Ray wrote:

Yes you can confirm under booster usage history..I..I called customer service twice and first time they reluctantly gave me a credit and said I should pay attention to who uses my phone (I almost went through it to throttle them with that comment) and today was told that I should change my phone number and if it happens again then submit a ticket...I dont know whats happened to Koodo but I am really disliking it!
Userlevel 5
Ray wrote:

Hey Daniel,

Could you please double-check your usage on your Self-Serve? Charges occur when you call your voicemail (minutes of your base plan or your booster) and not when someone leaves you a message. When you call your voicemail to retrieve a message, call is routed through an access number (226-580-4001) and indeed you will be charged for this call. So if you call your voicemail after missing a call, this is probably the reason why "Every time you miss a call these days, Koodo says you have called this 226-580-4001 number" 🙂.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Ray wrote:

Thats just it..I havent called that number...I accessed my voicemail once 3 weeks ago..its impossible to call that number when I was on the phone with another company a few times and just didnt bother answering...or at 6:13 am when Im asleep..as a matter of fact the last time it says I called that number, I still have the voicemail waiting for me to retrieve it...and Im not the only 1 who has had this issue it seems!
Userlevel 5
Ray wrote:

Hey Daniel,

If you called your voicemail only one time 3 weeks ago and on our system there is more than one call, we recommend contacting our Customer Service for logging a ticket. Make sure to have access to your Self-Serve and also the call logs on your phone so we can double-check the calls with you.

Thanks
Userlevel 4
You have to be politely FIRM when you ask something to a Koodo rep. It is not you who have to change the number, the Koodo rep shall submit a ticket immediately and fix the problem. It is a Koodo problem, not yours.

Userlevel 4
Tiz wrote:

You have to be politely FIRM when you ask something to a Koodo rep. It is not you who have to cha...

By the way, that number seems to belong to a wireless phone in London, ON.