Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What is this?

DCB_association:WWi4nBQUwCkFPCh9jzHo9c1m
This showed up on my phone and another one similar to it. What is this, and will it cost  me anything? I was trying to download the Saluto  app for my device protection on my phone. But when I first got my phone and my husbands phone, we were  given a different insurance  company for the device protection. What's going on here?

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Char.

I do not know how to link the app to the insurance company. Is Saluto the app related to your insurance company?
Robert wrote:

Hello Char.

I do not know how to link the app to the insurance company. Is Saluto the app relate...

What is Saluto anyway?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Char.

I do not know how to link the app to the insurance company. Is Saluto the app relate...

You said "I was trying to download the Saluto  app"

Therefore, I expected you to know what Slauto is...

EDIT : Here's the app https://www.soluto.com
Robert wrote:

Hello Char.

I thought it had something to do with the device protection I just got for my phone. 
Robert wrote:

Hello Char.

OK, I don't want that, but I don't understand why I was given a prompt to download it. 
Robert wrote:

Hello Char.

I'm pretty new to the smart phone. I only just got it in April 2015. And I'm no Luddite, but I know more than my husband, and this kind of thing is kind of worrying, because he may download something not knowing what it is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hello Char.

I understand it might've been confusing. But I think it's mostly an advertisement for the app. This is why you were prompted to download it. It has nothing to do with the insurance company
Robert wrote:

Hello Char.

I guess it was just bad timing, and my not knowing exactly what it was, I assumed it might be connected to the insurance company. 
I think so. Because just after I applied for the device protection, I got this message to download the Saluto app.  And it wouldn't let me because I don't have a credit card.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's a free app. Therefore you could download it. But as for your concern, no you shouldn't be charged for downloading an app if you have data plan or you downloaded it on wifi
ok, but it was asking for a payment choice, and wouldn't let me proceed after I couldn't come up with one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oh well... If you don't need it don't download it

Ok, but why would I have those messages "sent" from my phone though? That kind of creeps me out.
Char Lewis wrote:

Ok, but why would I have those messages "sent" from my phone though? That kind of creeps me out.

The contact name is 6105.
I find that really weird. 
Userlevel 5
Hey there Char! Just to clarify, that message that you received, was it through your text messages app or was a  notification sent to your phone? You may be simply getting notifications from Soluto as you tried to download it but then stopped as you wouldn't put in a credit card. From what I can see, the application is indeed free, but you can choose to add premium features for an additional 3$. That may be the reason why it is asking you to input a credit card number. From my experience, this is not something you should be worrying about. As you did not download it and did not add a credit card number, you should not be billed. The more recent ratings for this application on the Play Store aren't very good (application takes a lot of space on the device, is really slow when you open it, for some users it doesn't open at all), so I would suggest you delete the message you received and not to download this application. Have a great day!