Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What is the process of getting a new phone?

Tomorrow I will be going to a Koodo booth at the mall and getting a new phone. What is the process of receiving a new phone? Should I bring in anything specific, or just the phone?
Do I get any discounts for trading in my current phone?
Will getting a new SIM card allow me to keep my current phone number?

Will my tab be able to be applied? I currently have a positive tab of $84.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Hello Cole, If you are the account owner, you can simply visit a Koodo Store to get a new phone (a piece of identity with picture might be required). However, if you are not the account owner, you will need the authorization of the account owner before you visit the store to get a new phone.
Changing your SIM will not affect your phone number so you will be able to keep it even if you get a new SIM Card.
You can use your positive Tab towards a new phone and get an additional credit if you Trade-In your phone. For information about the Koodo Trade-In program, please click here: http://koo.do/VmmoQG
Enjoy your new phone 🙂
In regards to the trade-in program what phones do you take? I have a Note 2 that I got from Koodo about a year ago.

Should I do a factory reset on my phone before trading it in?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You don't get much value with the trade-in program.
You could sell it through online or keep it as your secondary /backup phone in case you have a trouble with a new phone. And yes, I would do a factory reset on the device.
Mayumi wrote:

You could sell it through online or keep i...

I received the phone from Koodo themselves, does this mean the phone in unlocked?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

You could sell it through online or keep i...

If you bought it from Koodo, its locked to Koodo.
You will need to request unlock your phone ($35)
http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-...