Koodo Community
Solved

What is the koodo email address so that someone can send me a SMS message from an email?

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

TELUS works fine without data enabled and with very little delay, (prepaid). (Mobile data enabled...

However, if you have a cellular network connected phone, you can simply text the recipient!
rikkster wrote:

TELUS works fine without data enabled and with very little delay, (prepaid). (Mobile data enabled...

Manual SMS texting between two mobile phones works fine.  

Not getting SMS text messages via #########@msg.telus.com from services like:

SPOT (Global Satellite GPS Messenger) sending from my email address (Big 5 bank) Direct Investing Alerts
  • TradingView email SMS alerts
Earlier today (Jan 19, 2018) ran a series of tests from a gmail account - last 2 out of 8 messages were received (sent at about 5 minute intervals).

Almost wondering if I could rig up a gmail account to receive the email message and then forward back out to #########@msg.telus.com try as a dodgy workaround
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
rikkster wrote:

If you are going to send them to a Gmail address, are there filters there you can prioritize messages so they come to you as quickly as a Text Message, or be sent to a Google messaging service?

both 1234567890@msg.koodomobile.com and 1234567890@msg.telus.com worked for me in my simple test - sent from a personal domain hosted by Google's G-Suite, and a university account hosted by Microsoft's outlook.com.

The 1234567890@msg.koodomobile.com has a better "from" format, so that's what I will use.

contact customer service online: EMAIL US
https://secure.koodomobile.com/account/appmanager/support/contactus
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
svas wrote:

contact customer service online: EMAIL US
https://secure.koodomobile.com/account/appmanager/support/contactus

1. This is like a 3 year old thread
  2. They were asking for the email to be able to text a phone via an email, not the email for koodo customer service
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1 ### ### ####@msg.koodomobile.com or @msg.telus.com sends a text message to the ### ### #### phone, but it's tagged as multimedia, which requires mobile data to download. Defeats the purpose. May as well send email directly.

[1 ### ### #### is keyed as numeral 1 +area code +phone number with no spaces or other characters)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

1 ### ### ####@msg.koodomobile.com or @msg.telus.com sends a text message to the ### ### #### phone, but it's tagged as multimedia, which requires mobile data to download. Defeats the purpose. May as well send email directly.

[1 ### ### #### is keyed as numeral 1 +area code +phone number with no spaces or other characters)

@msg.koodomobile.com is sent as an MMS. @msg.telus.com is sent as an SMS.