Koodo Community
Solved

What is the koodo email address so that someone can send me a SMS message from an email?

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
TELUS works fine without data enabled and with very little delay, (prepaid). (Mobile data enabled...However, if you have a cellular network connected phone, you can simply text the recipient!
TELUS works fine without data enabled and with very little delay, (prepaid). (Mobile data enabled...Manual SMS texting between two mobile phones works fine.  

Not getting SMS text messages via #########@msg.telus.com from services like:

SPOT (Global Satellite GPS Messenger) sending from my email address (Big 5 bank) Direct Investing Alerts
  • TradingView email SMS alerts
Earlier today (Jan 19, 2018) ran a series of tests from a gmail account - last 2 out of 8 messages were received (sent at about 5 minute intervals).

Almost wondering if I could rig up a gmail account to receive the email message and then forward back out to #########@msg.telus.com try as a dodgy workaround
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
TELUS works fine without data enabled and with very little delay, (prepaid). (Mobile data enabled...If you are going to send them to a Gmail address, are there filters there you can prioritize messages so they come to you as quickly as a Text Message, or be sent to a Google messaging service?

both 1234567890@msg.koodomobile.com and 1234567890@msg.telus.com worked for me in my simple test - sent from a personal domain hosted by Google's G-Suite, and a university account hosted by Microsoft's outlook.com.

The 1234567890@msg.koodomobile.com has a better "from" format, so that's what I will use.

contact customer service online: EMAIL US
https://secure.koodomobile.com/account/appmanager/support/contactus
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
contact customer service online: EMAIL US
https://secure.koodomobile.com/account/appmanager/support/contactus
  1. This is like a 3 year old thread
  2. They were asking for the email to be able to text a phone via an email, not the email for koodo customer service
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1 ### ### ####@msg.koodomobile.com or @msg.telus.com sends a text message to the ### ### #### phone, but it's tagged as multimedia, which requires mobile data to download. Defeats the purpose. May as well send email directly.

[1 ### ### #### is keyed as numeral 1 +area code +phone number with no spaces or other characters)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1 ### ### ####@msg.koodomobile.com or @msg.telus.com sends a text message to the ### ### #### phone, but it's tagged as multimedia, which requires mobile data to download. Defeats the purpose. May as well send email directly.

[1 ### ### #### is keyed as numeral 1 +area code +phone number with no spaces or other characters)

@msg.koodomobile.com is sent as an MMS. @msg.telus.com is sent as an SMS.