Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What is the best way to do? i think i lost my phone...

I lost my phone today and i am wondering if there's anyway that i can block the phone from spending any more money than the plan. The features i want to block are Such as Data, international calls and purchase through koodo account. Rather than putting the phone on 'lost' or 'stolen' Because i want one feature to work Which is [receiving calls.] so that i can call my phone. and hoping someone who has it answers it..! T_T

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Hyeon, Sorry to hear you lost your phone. Unfortunately when applying the Lost or stolen block to your account it will disable the phone completely so that things cannot be used on it. Now from what I can tell above (in the categories), you have an android phone, you can always go onto the computer and go to Android Device Manager. If this is enabled on your phone, you will be able to remotely locate your phone, and wipe any personal information, also you can make the phone ring so that it will make a sound instead of just calling it. Hope that helps!
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi Hyeon, Sorry to hear you lost your phone. Unfortunately when applying the Lost or stolen blo...

thanks.. at least i can try to see if its on or not i guess.
Userlevel 7
Daniel Gunn wrote:

Hi Hyeon, Sorry to hear you lost your phone. Unfortunately when applying the Lost or stolen blo...

If you have no success in having someone answer the phone I'd highly recommend putting the Lost or stolen block on it, you don't want extra charges for something you didn't do on your phone. And you are held accountable for those charges too.
Daniel Gunn wrote:

i probably should around midnight...
Userlevel 5
You lost your phone but you don't want to report the phone as "lost" or "stolen"? Why not? You could put your phone on Seasonal Hold which is $15/month and then pick a new Koodo plan once you find your phone again. Just wondering why you wouldn't report it in. Do you have a plan that is not available anymore and would like to keep or you think it is somewhere that you will most likely find again?
John Lee wrote:

You lost your phone but you don't want to report the phone as "lost" or "stolen"? Why not? You co...

I only lost it today on the bus... im very stressed now but i really want it back.. I am hoping maybe someone will answer the phone... if not those translink workers.... I'll try to call my phone over night and tomorrow morning and put a block on it in the morning...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Lee wrote:

You lost your phone but you don't want to report the phone as "lost" or "stolen"? Why not? You co...

Dont turn off data until you Login to your android device manager to see if you can GPS the location of your phone
John Lee wrote:

it can not connect to the phone cuz the phone is off... someone turned it off right away..
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Lee wrote:

Not a good sign if someone turned it off 😞
John Lee wrote:

I know......!!!!!! T_T ughhhh my 300 $ note 2!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Lee wrote:

Sorry dude 😞 You can keep trying to see if someone turns it on. But if you have not put a lock on your phone (pin, pattern, etc) I would start changing passwords to the apps you have on your phone like email, facebook, etc. If you are worried someone is gonna rack up your phone bill I would monitor your usage on selfserve religiously
Badge +4
A long shot, try sending Translink a message through their lost and found portal or call the Lost Property Office. http://www.translink.ca/en/Customer-Service/Lost-and-Found.aspx