Koodo Community
Solved

What is causing my Galaxy A5 to overheat?

• 21 April 2019
  • 2 replies

My son has only had his Galaxy A5 since last summer, so not even a year. After about 30 minutes of him playing a game on it, it is getting obviously warm and enough so that he raised the concern with me. Would it need a new battery? Something else? Should we take it to a Koodo Kiosk for assistance?
icon

Best answer by Goran 21 April 2019, 22:34

When did this start? Which game? How long does it take before it gets hot? Do any other apps cause it to heat up? General use?

I could try running an intensive game on one I have and see. If it's feeling actually hot then you could contact samsung to see what's "normal" for games on the A5. If it is abnormal to them, you can take it in under the warranty for possible repair.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When did this start? Which game? How long does it take before it gets hot? Do any other apps cause it to heat up? General use?

I could try running an intensive game on one I have and see. If it's feeling actually hot then you could contact samsung to see what's "normal" for games on the A5. If it is abnormal to them, you can take it in under the warranty for possible repair.
Thanks. Those are all good questions for me to ask my son.