Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What happens with my post-paid account if I take the phone number to different provider?

What happens with my post-paid account if I take the phone number to different provider? Will it stay and wait until I assign another number through Koodo Self-Service?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well it gets closed since you won't be a Koodo customer anymore. Your self-serve remains accessible for 90 days after for your final bill. I'm sorry I don't follow with you asking about assigning another number in self-serve? There wouldn't be a line to assign a new number to as it would move to whatever carrier you port to.
Thanks for asking! I mean I want to give my current Koodo phone # out to somebody else, but I want to use my Koodo with any other number I could get from Self-Serve...
Here is what I want to accoumplish:

1. I give out Koodo number wherether. Koodo account stays without number for a couple of hours.
2. I log on to Self-serve and assign new Koodo number to my account.

Is it possible? 
Won't my account be suspended between (1) and (2)?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Kosta Iaralov wrote:

Thanks for asking! I mean I want to give my current Koodo phone # out to somebody else, but I wan...

As soon as you port your number to another provider it will automatically cancel your Koodo account, there is no way to go without a number on an account for any period of time.

What you want to do is basically impossible you could port your number out then you'd have to open a new account with koodo however the only way to port your number is if it goes to an account that's under your name so you can't give it to somebody
Kosta Iaralov wrote:

Thanks for asking! I mean I want to give my current Koodo phone # out to somebody else, but I wan...

Thanks, Paul!
Userlevel 4
You can open a new account with Koodo and, as soon as the new account is operable, you can port your existing number wherever you want and, this way, you cancel your old account. Easy.