Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What happens with my phone when it gets stolen?.

Andriod

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Well on the carrier side of things if you got it on tab you must still pay off your tab. If you haven't done so already you'll want to report it stolen / lost so whomever has stolen it cannot use your phone to rack up overages and such. Then you can get a new Sim card and be on your way with a replacement phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Well on the carrier side of things if you got it on tab you must still pay off your tab. If you h...

Before you report it as lost/stolen, see if you can use the find my phone feature to track where it is. https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager
Goran wrote:

Well on the carrier side of things if you got it on tab you must still pay off your tab. If you h...

Its shut off
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Do you have a security code on it? If not, make sure you change all your passwords of accounts you use on your phone (email, etc). Also report it as stolen as Goran suggested, so others won't get the pleasure of being able to use it for themselves.
Goran wrote:

They are having the time of thier life with it
Userlevel 7
Goran wrote:

Then you need to login to self serve Click... Mobile services Report my phone lost or stolen That will shut your phone down and make it unusable. You're responsible for any additional charges the thieves rack up until you suspend it.
Goran wrote:

How do i get a replacment with new sim card
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Purchase a new phone from a Koodo outlet, or online. It will come with a new SIM which you can activate on your account.
Userlevel 6
Goran wrote:

@David: this is indeed interesting advice. When buying a new phone from a Koodo outlet, would it cost the extra $10 for the sim card?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

I was with a friend who just recently purchased a phone at a kiosk and had to pay for the sim card. Not sure if that is the case every single time though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

The normal charge is 10 dollars. Getting it for free is the exception. I see that the person used a prepaid tag. If that's the case it is effectively free as it is 20 dollars and has a 20 dollar credit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

@titaniumtux. It doesn't matter whether there is a charge or not. The OP asked how to get an active phone again. A purchase at a Koodo outlet, or online will result in a working phone with the necessary SIM card.