Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What happens to my positive tab if i cancel my phone

I bought a galaxy s3 like 3 years ago paid in full and took the deal to pay a little more every month to build a tab to buy a new phone.
I never use my cell anymore its a complete wast of money at this point.
I have a positive balance of $150.
So what will happen to that?
Will i get that money back or is it just gone?
Thanks.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
if yo ucancel, you will lose it.  The positve tab holds no cash value and can only be used as credit toward a phone from Koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That money can only be used towards the purchase of a new phone with Koodo. If you choose to cancel your phone this will go away with your account. As well I dont believe you contributed money to the tab but Koodo did. This was something they did on older plans as an incentive to purchase a new phone so you aren't losing money of your own but just throwing away money Koodo has set aside for you.
Userlevel 6
Positive tab balance is like a coupon. It's available to you until you use it, or lose it by cancelling the line. It can't be transferred to another line. I wouldn't say Koodo contributed money to the tab, but rather they rewarded your loyalty with a coupon.
If you were thinking of cancelling, you could take a phone on a tab small, then cancel 90 days later to buy-out the remaining tab and avoid any clawbacks. Some retailers might have some promos or older phones on a tab 5. The Moto G4 Play, Galaxy J3 and LG X Power on tab 10 but tab 7 in QC. Check out the retailers. If you can find a phone for less than a tab 10, you're walking with the phone and paying Koodo next to nothing at most. After 90 days, cancel and absorb a ridiculously small buy-out. By upgrading, you'd most likely have to change your plan, but if your intention is to cancel, wouldn't make a big difference for 90 days.
Userlevel 6
titaniumtux wrote:

Positive tab balance is like a coupon. It's available to you until you use it, or lose it by canc...

Tab 10? Do you mean Tab Small? Just checking...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

Positive tab balance is like a coupon. It's available to you until you use it, or lose it by canc...

He is referring to Tab Small, $10/month. Some Tab Smalls are $7/month which is states is the case on some phones in Quebec.
Userlevel 6
titaniumtux wrote:

Yes, anything between tab 1 and tab 10 is tab small.
I love how some phones are cheaper to subsidize and buy-out in Quebec. I don't know how that makes sense, but it makes me happy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

Starting to consider moving to Quebec to pickup some of these deals on phones and plans...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

You should move to Saskatchewan
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

That as well, Saskatchewan or Manitoba. Anyways enough of this off topic chitter chatter.
Userlevel 5
titaniumtux wrote:

right now it is a winter heat wave in saskatchewean!