Koodo Community

Community

Solved

what happens if I lose my Sim card?

I am using Korean Sim card from korean phone company while staying in Korea during summer and I realized I lost the Sim card I was using when I was in Canada.... Am I in huge trouble..? Will I be able to get back my phone number ??

11 replies

Userlevel 5
You lost the Koodo Sim ?
Yes 😢
Userlevel 5
You just need to purchase a New Koodo Sim Card when back in Canada. You can activate it at a Koodo Kiosk or in Self Serve.    As long as you continue to pay your monthly Koodo Bill,  you should be OK.  
Spence wrote:

You just need to purchase a New Koodo Sim Card when back in Canada. You can activate it at a Kood...

Alright! Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Hi TaekHee,

As Spence has said, you will be able to purchase a new SIM card for your Koodo account. It will cost you 5$ for the new card. If you get the associate at the kiosk to the switch to the new SIM for you, they will charge you to do it so just do it from self serve, it just asks for the number on the SIM card. Takes 2 minutes and does not cost you anything extra.

As for your lost SIM card, had you put your account in a seasonal hold or did you leave it go as if nothing was different before you left for Korea? At this point, you may want to consider declaring your "phone" as lost/stolen in self serve. It would prevent anyone from finding the SIM card and plugging it into their phones (if you are worried about that). 
Mathieu wrote:

Hi TaekHee,

As Spence has said, you will be able to purchase a new SIM card for your Koodo accou...

Thank you for the reply! I had it on seasonal hold! Also do I purchase the koodo card at one of kiosks? And Will I be able to keep my number??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi TaekHee,

As Spence has said, you will be able to purchase a new SIM card for your Koodo accou...

Yes when you come back just visit your local Koodo kiosk and you'll be able to purchase a new card and activate in on your account once taking off the seasonal hold and choosing a new plan from those available at that time. Yes you will keep your number if you put your account on a seasonal hold as that's exactly what a seasonal hold does is hold your number for you.
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hi TaekHee,

You will be able to purchase the card from any Koodo retailers, Kiosks would be the one place you can guarantee that they will have a card. When you transfer the account in self serve to the new SIM card, nothing will change, you keep everything just like you had it, only difference is that it's on a new SIM.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you on prepaid or postpaid? If your on prepaid then make sure to not let your base plan expire for more than 90 days or you will lose your number.
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Are you on prepaid or postpaid? If your on prepaid then make sure to not let your base plan expir...

Okay! Thank you!
Thanks for the answers. Very helpful.