Koodo Community

Community

What happened to my upgrade?

In late March I upgraded my plan in order to take advantage of the free upgrade to a Galaxy 7S. I've not seen the phone or heard anything from Koodo.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You completed the orders and never got a confirmation email yet? If you give your order number here an employee can look into it or you can just contact the webstore at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com
Actually never got a confirmation either. Did everything online and checked off 'add to my bill'. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rob wrote:

Actually never got a confirmation either. Did everything online and checked off 'add to my bill'....

Hey Rob - I was able to pull up your account using your email address (ending in 53, correct?) - but I don't see any orders submitted, nor any changes to your plan. Do you recall when you tried to do this? I see you mentioned late March, but the offer sent to you for the S7 had an expiry date of March 17. As Goran suggested above, we do send out a confirmation email once the order is placed, and you should have seen a similar confirmation on-screen once the order was successfully placed, along with your order number. Do you recall running into any issues while placing the order? Did it say that the order was placed successfully?
Rob wrote:

Actually never got a confirmation either. Did everything online and checked off 'add to my bill'....

The deal was extended to March 31 as per a text from Koodo on March 21. I filled out all the fields online including 'add to monthly bill'. I did get 'completed successfully' screen then I was asked to enter my credit card info. I declined this option (as I prefer to be billed monthly, and not auto pay). I'm guessing this killed the entire order. Do these deals only apply if you switch to auto pay?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rob wrote:

Even if a credit card is not used for payment, the info is gathered as an anti-fraud measure, and a further confirmation of your identity. I expect your recent surmise is correct, and the process failed at the point you declined your credit card info.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rob wrote:

I see now. So yes, declining to provide the credit card info. would have prevented the order from being processed. It's a system requirement for another 'security check' - even if the phone is for $0, the credit card verification is used to match you up with the account details. So by you declining this portion, it wouldn't have allowed you to move forward with the order. It's likely that the 'completed successfully' message your referencing was related to adding the product to your cart successfully, but not for your actual order since you never made it past that step. 

I can speak with the team in charge of these offers and request that it get re-added to your account if you're still interested and you can try to process the order again, knowing the above requirements. Will that work for you, Rob?
Userlevel 6
Rob wrote:

@Ranjan thank you for sharing that explanation. Although I have limited experience with the webstore (only ordered one device via webstore so far), it's good to know that a $0 upfront device will still validate via credit card. Question for you...if there's no credit card on file, would it be necessary to add one first, then order the device with credit card validation in order for the webstore order to be successful? Would be nice to know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rob wrote:

@titaniumtux - no need to add a card if you don't already have one linked to the account; the check is to validate that the name and address associated with the card matches that on your Koodo account. Just an extra security check.
Userlevel 6
Rob wrote:

@Ranjan: thank you, I just learned something 😃
Rob wrote:

@Ranjan, sure, I would still like to take advantage of the offer if possible. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rob wrote:

Sounds good, Rob. Let me find out how and when the offer will be reloaded to your account so you can go ahead and complete the purchase online. Will report back once I have this info.