Koodo Community

Community

Solved

what happened?!?!?!?!?

tonight my phone got really bright and showed numerous lines, i shut it off, turned it back on, now its a purple screen...whats wrong with my phone?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Sounds like a developer setting was accidentally turned on. Go to Settings, then developer options. Untick boxes like flash screen when it updates and show margins around borders.
my screen isnt working at all now, it was stuck on the samsung logo but now its just black with a white line at the top. the phone still functions for the most part, lights, power and button noises etc. Just cant see what you are doing...
Badge +4
Which phone do you have and how old is it? Has it ever been dropped or exposed to water or moisture? I doubt anything will change, but if your phone has a removable battery, remove it for a minute or two and see if that resolves the problem. If that doesn't work, I think you may need to look for a new phone.
i have a samsung galaxy s3. ive had it just under a year. it has been dropped but that was quite a while ago, there is some screen damage by the home button but thats been there for months and wasnt caused from the drop, happened at another time. taking the battery out didnt work, i tried to get it into recovery mode too but it didnt work either
Badge +4
Amanda wrote:

i have a samsung galaxy s3. ive had it just under a year. it has been dropped but that was quite ...

You could try sending the S3 in for repair. Unfortunately, because of the screen damage, the repair will not be covered under warranty. You may want to compare the cost of repair to that of a new phone to see which suits your budget best. Koodo Warranty http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/what-is-your-warranty-and-repair-policy
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seems like your phone is going to need a repair before the warranty is up!
oh man i was hoping it was some stupid thing i could fix at home 🙂 ill get it in asap. thanks for all the help 🙂
Badge +4
Amanda wrote:

oh man i was hoping it was some stupid thing i could fix at home 🙂 ill get it in asap. thanks fo...

Depending on the extent of the damage to the screen, the repair may not be covered under warranty. Figured I'd let you know so there are no surprises. http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/what-is-your-warranty-and-repair-policy
ok thanks, i cant afford a new phone or repairing one at the moment, can i suspend my account right now or will i have to pay a bunch of fees for that and when i want to reactivate it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Amanda wrote:

ok thanks, i cant afford a new phone or repairing one at the moment, can i suspend my account rig...

You could put it on a seasonal hold for $15/month for up to 6 months. But then you have to choose an in-market plan when you you bring it back online.
Amanda wrote:

ok thanks, i cant afford a new phone or repairing one at the moment, can i suspend my account rig...

ok thank you for all the help