Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What do you find in miscellaneous files android?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Are you unable to tap "Misc"? I can on my Nexus 4 & it then lists the folders.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
System memory add up to around 6GB... Normal or not?
Userlevel 2
Hey Robert, you can give Samsung a call and ask them this question. They should be able to provide you the answer.Their contact number is 1-800-726-7864 and their hours are 8:30am – 12:00am midnight (EST). ________________________ If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 5
Maybe restore your phone or something? Not sure why you would have up to 6GB of files... Usually it's at 1-2GB at max.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Lee wrote:

Maybe restore your phone or something? Not sure why you would have up to 6GB of files... Usually ...

I'll give it a try. Thanks
Userlevel 2
John Lee wrote:

Maybe restore your phone or something? Not sure why you would have up to 6GB of files... Usually ...

Do you have any maps saved to offline? Or tons of games with saved progress? It's certainly saved data from some application...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Lee wrote:

Not that I know off. Maybe it's the music downloaded from the Google Play application?
Userlevel 2
John Lee wrote:

I don't use an Android device myself so I'm not sure of the default save location for Google Play music unfortunately. Is their no file manager type application that will let you explore the files in that folder? You should be able to potentially trace the culprit by exploring the file names and structure....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Lee wrote:

I'll try and give it a look. Thanks
John Lee wrote:

How to recover miscellaneous files
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Lee wrote:

How did you manage to lose them?
Some apps create directories on your storage and store infomation there. If Google cannot classify the directory it puts it in Misc. Any .zip files you have put on the USB storage or SDcard will show up here. Hope that helps!
Under the USB storage, my misc files took up the most memory, when I tap into the MIsc files, I found that the "log" files are the biggest. What are these log files? Can I delete them?
chong sueanne wrote:

Under the USB storage, my misc files took up the most memory, when I tap into the MIsc files, I f...

You shouldn't have a problem deleting them, but what I would reccomend is getting a good app like Clean Master to help you remove junk files safely.