Koodo Community

Community

Solved

What do I do if the memory card on my phone is full?

I can't take pictures, look at pictures, watch videos on Facebook, listen to music or post a picture on Instagram because my phone keeps telling me my memory card is full. What should I do?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Get a larger sized memory card, transfer the current one's content to the new one then pop the new one in. Also, try an App like History Eraser from the Play Store to clear Cache--> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.infolife.eraser
Userlevel 5
John Burke wrote:

Get a larger sized memory card, transfer the current one's content to the new one then pop the ne...

Memory card should be Class 10 or higher for good quality.
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

Get a larger sized memory card, transfer the current one's content to the new one then pop the ne...

There is nothing higher than Class 10 for smartphones. Class 6 cards work just as good. The speed classes are as follows; 2, 4, 6 and 10. Class 10 cards simply double the minimum transfer speed from 12.5 MB/s to 25 MB/s.
Badge +4
You may want to upgrade to a higher capacity storage card, possibly a microSDHC 32 GB card, class 6 cards are affordable and will work perfectly. By default, pictures are automatically sent to your phones' memory card. If no card is installed, the pictures get stored on the phones' internal storage. For now, you can transfer some of the pictures and files you don't use that often to a desktop or laptop computer using the devices' supplied usb cable and turning your phone into a mass storage device.Or you can download Samsung Kies to move files over to your computer. Link below. http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Im guessing its not saying memory card is full but its saying memory is full which means its your interal memory not the card if you even have an external memory card. If indeed its saying memory is full then youll have to transfer files from your phone memory (actually storage but they call it memory on some phones) to your memory card (if you have one, if not get one) with a file manager like "PowerGrasp" which is downloadable from the PlayStore. It will allow you to move pictures, videos, documents but not apps they cant be moved to the external memory without rooting your device unfortunately. If you dont have a place for a memory card on your phone then youll have to transfer your pics, videos, documents to your computer and store them there. If you cant store them on a computer because you dint have one then youll have to use a cloud based storage option such as "Drop Box" or Google's "Drive" both are downloadable from the PlayStore. If you transfer them to a cloud do so over wifi if possible as it can take quite a bit of data depending how many photos, videos, documents your tranfering. The last option is just delete some apps and or games from your device. Heres the link to the best file manager for Android "PowerGrasp" https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.malcolmsoft.powergrasp