Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Warning text saying @ 90% used but phone says differently, only 4 days into cycle.

I just started a new data cycle that starts on the 22nd of the month as normal. Today I received a text warning from Koodoo saying that I've used 90% of my data. However, I already received a text for the last cycle being at 90% about a week or so ago, which was accurate. My phone says I've only used about 100mb of data this cycle and confirms the correct dates. Should I be concerned or no?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could check the total on your Self-serve account to see what it has counted.

David wrote:

You could check the total on your Self-serve account to see what it has counted.

I tried to login but my password that my phone had saved was apparently correct and I'm locked out. I was on hold for an hour the other day and give up because I get paper bills but good idea, will try again
me too....like two days after....what is going on here...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melina Demone wrote:

What is your self serve say?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melina Demone wrote:

Melina, everything seems fine, but you are indeed using a lot of data some days based on the last 7-10 days of usage. As Mayumi suggested you can see it in detail online.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Rebecca, looking at your account data was being used every day in the last seven couple of weeks. From 10 to 35 megabytes a day. It does add up and you may want to consider upgrading to a plan with more data.
I did add more data by texting 5DATA when I received a warning, last pay cycle. My billing period started 4 days ago, how could I use a month's worth in 4 days? And why does my phone say I've only used 176 mb?

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rebecca Bonnell wrote:

I did add more data by texting 5DATA when I received a warning, last pay cycle. My billing period...

I don't know what you consider a "month's worth" as I don't know what plan you have.

Your phone's counter has to be reset by you on your billing date (or set to automatically reset on your billing date - again, by you), and it's not always 100% accurate.

Make sure that auto updates are not on in your phone/app store. Also, if using the Facebook app, go into your settings and disable video auto-play over cellular.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rebecca Bonnell wrote:

I did add more data by texting 5DATA when I received a warning, last pay cycle. My billing period...

@ Rebbeca, your billing period started 14 days ago not four. Adding extra data doesn't change your bill cycle. 

You self serve would be unblocked by now if you don't know the user name or password there are recovery options on the login page. Calling and being on hold is no fun and our reps won't be able to tell you more. You only have 300MB of data in your plan. And you are using quite bit every day. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Go into your phones settings and click on data usage and scroll down and you'll be able to see what your using your data on, if it's something you feel you will be using all the time you may want to look at changing to a new plan with more data.