Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Warehouse Empty None knows when inventory will arrive??!!

I am really starting to get frustrated on trying to get my hands on the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. I have been chasing my tail calling stores and customer service almost daily since the release and immediate sell out of the phone. No one has the phone know one knows when they receive stock or what they will receive when it shows up. I have been able to show several other carriers have them in stock and available with the exception of Wind.. big shock there.... I have several stores that now answer right away with hi no the edge is not in stock still when I call. I had a rep from *611 call around for me and finally he got to the point where he just phoned the warehouse to seek an answer on who has the phones and where. he was informed the ones they had were sold and have no clue when more will be in. So I ask how is it Koodo is on par with Wind for stock with the hottest phone on the market right now? I have been with Koodo since it first came to Canada I really do not want to go else where to buy a phone just to drag it back here it makes no sense to me. But Koodo refused to take pre orders and now they are stuck with the same answer day after day ummm sorry sir we have no clue when or if we will be getting that phone in stock any time soon. Why don't you check back again next week?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The first tier carriers likely got first crack at the phone. The edge has been a far more popular phone than Samsung expected, and units have been backordered all over. It's nice piece of gear, and feels nice in the hand, but from my experience, the S6 is easier to pick up from the table, and offers an equal experience. The unique edge functions add little value for me. Folks who have seen it agree it is a nice piece of eye candy compared to previous phones.
David wrote:

The first tier carriers likely got first crack at the phone. The edge has been a far more popular...

I definitely liked the eye candy, and was looking forward to the edge toys like the alarm cock on the side but maybe on the next upgrade I settle for the less appealing S6 tonight.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

The first tier carriers likely got first crack at the phone. The edge has been a far more popular...

The alarm clock is hugely consumptive -it still backlights lights the whole screen, albeit at a lower level, and you have to be using the phone for it to set. You can't just set your phone beside your bed early in the evening and find it already running when you get to bed. Information stream is also not a smooth as should be. The few other options have no value for me. Different colours for each of my favourite caller, just means I have to remember the association - their face showing on the screen when they call is much more useful..... The S6 is not a step down in my opinion, just a little less glitz.
David wrote:

been playing with it for a bit now. I miss a few features I used a lot on my S3 like personalized ringtones for phone calls and text messages now back to just one per contact. that orange for text messaging is enough to give me a headache but installing a theme helped get rid of that eye sore. I am sure over the next few days I will really start to like it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

You can add a message tone and vibration patterns for each contact using the 'add another field' option at the bottom of the contact editing screen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your frustration is understandable Night Crawler. What I can tell is that it's not due to lack effort on our part to have these units in. There is a fairly broad speculation that Samsung itself created the shortage to drive up demand. It seems they took a chapter out Apple's book. http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2015/04/09/samsung-expects-galaxy-s6-edge-shortage We did sell thousands of them since its launch but it is indeed difficult to keep them on the shelves with Samsung limiting the quantities ordered. What city are you in?
I am in Toronto. I finally broke and had to set for the S6. Sadly my S3 was causing to many difficulties with poor reception and dropped calls. Straight up my problem not the phones in anyway I am hard on phones. So I grabbed the S6 tonight and the great sales staff even stayed late to make sure everything was all set up and working for me. I will definitely send out a praise to Caroline and Trisha at the Cloverdale Mall Koodo Store for there help tonight.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Night Crawler wrote:

I am in Toronto. I finally broke and had to set for the S6. Sadly my S3 was causing to many dif...

Enjoy your new phone! I doubt you'll be disappointed with the S6.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Night Crawler wrote:

I am in Toronto. I finally broke and had to set for the S6. Sadly my S3 was causing to many dif...

I will definitely pass on your praise! Enjoy your new S6!
Night Crawler wrote:

thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Night Crawler wrote:

You have 15 days to return it if the edge comes in during that period
Userlevel 1
I bought the device from Telus and it works fine with my Koodo sim card. Sadly I cant get the insurance for accidental damage or lost for the phone. But overall, im pretty happy with it. The S6 Edge Gold looks so futuristic!
May I ask if you've purchased the edge without having a contract with Telus?
Denny wrote:

May I ask if you've purchased the edge without having a contract with Telus?

I caved and just bought the regular Galaxy S6. I was not interested in paying full price for the phone when I had a positive balance on my Koodo tab, just to unlock it and bring it back to Koodo.