Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Wanted to know when LG G3 getting 5.1.1 or 6.0 m

Wanted to know when LG G3 getting 5.1.1 or 6.0 m I wanted tomknownifnthe LG G3 would ever get Lollipop 5.1.1 or Marshmallow 6.0 and time ad well because they have better battery setting and make the battery last longer please let me know please i love the phone other carriers Canada and US have 5.1.1 Lollipop or they are getting 6.0 Marshmallow

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo does not typically post this kind of information prior to release.
How long does it take for koodo to do up dates because lg said anytime after the Dec 16 marshmallow 6.0 or any other version of lollipop will be out butni guess it depends on cariear
Userlevel 4
Hi Jason, 

Once it's available, you'll get a notification on your Koodo device 🙂
is the lg g3 getting updated to 6.0? 

Both LG and Telus say the G3 is to be updated to 6.0. Koodo has said nothing!
Here is tentative update schedule for Telus.
I'm waiting too !
if telus gets i then wouldnt koodo get it as well ? are they not a parent company or something? cause  when i connect to wifi hotspot or tether my desktop and use the internet it gets detected as telus and my phone is on koodo

Yes Telus is the parent of Koodo, and I "assume" therefore that Koodo will also hand out the update....but they might do it on a different schedule : I'm just a user like u, so only info I get is via internet.
Looks like some Koodo HTC users got the update today, same schedule as Telus. See the other Koodo forum topics. Thus maybe we LG G3 users will get the update starting March 14 if no glitches are found by the Telus/Koodo testers.
Do you think this update will solve software issues such as google accounts not syncing and location settings not working?
Userlevel 5
Lena Speirs wrote:

Do you think this update will solve software issues such as google accounts not syncing and loca...

Hey Lena,

Which version of Android do you have on your LG G3?

Thanks
Lena Speirs wrote:

Do you think this update will solve software issues such as google accounts not syncing and loca...

Lena Speirs wrote:

Is Android 6.0 even out yet at all ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Lena Speirs wrote:

Yes. For a few months now.
Userlevel 5
Lena Speirs wrote:

Thanks for letting us know Lena. For the moment the 5.0.1 is the latest version. We recommend trying to factory reset your phone.

Please click on this link: http://koo.do/1QFbRAy and follow these instructions: 
Click on "Get started"
Click on "Settings"
And then "Backing Up and Restoring Your Phone".

You'll see how to do it.

Hope this will solve those issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yeesh how many times is this going to be asked?