Koodo Community

Community

Want to Bring your own Device to use on Koodo? Have question? So do many people. Let's make it easier to answer these questions

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo promotes bringing your own device as an option when signing up or using Koodo.  The first question asked is usually, will my device work.

My idea is 2 parts:

1) Make this more visible on the regular Koodo website: http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/if-my-phone-is...

2) Tie in the Koodo Service network frequencies used if customers are buying phones by other means

Koodo uses 
3G HSPA+ 850/1900 
4G LTE 1700/2100 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you are using something from eBay.com or Amazon.com, unlocked, AT&T compatible units are your best bet. US vendors know nothing about Koodo. Verizon and Sprint are generally not recommended as a point of departure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Most new Verizon phones are a good bet as they're hybrid devices with an unlocked SIM slot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ivan wrote:

Most new Verizon phones are a good bet as they're hybrid devices with an unlocked SIM slot.

It's still pretty much hit and miss I believe RE Verizon. The phone needs to specifically do voice and data over umts/lte as opposed to data over "GSM" and voice over CDMA.