Koodo Community

Community

Solved

want one more phone for myself

Hi all, i am using note 2 right now, but all my friends, family members and colleagues say that most of the time they dont get thru when they call, and i wonder that though i get full network symbol why not getting call, and sometimes i also find this phone to be too big. So want to change my phone, so can i just pay off my tab for note 2 and buy S3 from koodo store without buying new plan or changing my existing plan? Thn can i use both phone interchangeably?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will be "stuck" using the new phone only. Plan covers one phone only. Might consider Moto G is you have ongoing Samsung connectivity issues. If you are unhappy with the Note 2, get it unlocked by Koodo before you switch, and sell it privately. Still worth up to $200 unlocked in some markets. Good luck.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

You will be "stuck" using the new phone only. Plan covers one phone only. Might consider Moto...

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you pay off your tab for note 2, you can upgrade to S3 using Tab S. (Retail Price of S3 is $150 currently). And you can keep your plan. I believe both note 2 and S3 use a micro SIM, so you can just put your SIM card back and forth between them. You can keep your Note 2 for back up or occasional use phone. Or you can sell it as Bob suggested 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

If you pay off your tab for note 2, you can upgrade to S3 using Tab S. (Retail Price of S3 is $15...

Mayumi's solution clearly better than mine! But you may tire of swapping SIMS after a while.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

If you pay off your tab for note 2, you can upgrade to S3 using Tab S. (Retail Price of S3 is $15...

I don't get tired of swapping 😉 But too many swapping might damage SIM... So I keep SIM in some devices and swapping through self serve too 🙂
Mayumi wrote:

Thank you
Mayumi wrote:

Can i get my phone unlocked for free once i pay off full amount of phone?
Userlevel 7
Mayumi wrote:

No. It's $35. Might be cheaper online.
Userlevel 7
I highly recommend you don't get the S3. That's actually a downgrade from your Note II as the phone is approaching 3 years old, has a much weaker processor, smaller battery, and probably won't be updated anymore. If you're looking for a smaller but still relevant device, I would take the Galaxy S4 or Nexus 5 instead.