Koodo Community

Community

Want new hardware upgrade but I want to keep my current plan. The site is not giving me the option to keep my current plan. on Med tab.

What new hardware upgrade but I want to keep my current plan. The site is not giving me the option to keep my current plan on Med tab.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What plan do you currently have?
Same issue here, I was forced to change my plan....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nelson Hernandez wrote:

What plan did you have before and what tab size to get on the new phone?
Nelson Hernandez wrote:

$55per month

1 GB + 2 GB [b]BONUS 
Shock-Free Data

Unlimited minutes

Unlimited messaging
This was on a med tab that was just paid off this month.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nelson Hernandez wrote:

That is a current plan. Even if it asks you to switch to an in market plan that is one that is available to switch to so you shouldn't have any problems unless I'm reading something wrong?
Nelson Hernandez wrote:

I had the exact same plan as Louise and I got the essential phone on a tab small...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nelson Hernandez wrote:

What plan did it force you to change to?
Nelson Hernandez wrote:

The one that was for black Friday 500 mins with 2 GB bonus data for 24 months.
Nelson Hernandez wrote:

Right I am not going to downgrade my plan. They want me to take the 500 min canada wide and 1 gb up to 2 extra for 24 months. Forget that! I have been a very good customer with 4 lines on the account. Never late for a payment. I tried calling in and well that was a nightmare that I finally gave up.
Userlevel 7
Nelson Hernandez wrote:

Did you sign into self serve before you started the process? When I got to the choose my plan part the system just had me add my current plan to the cart. I too have a 55$ plan.
Userlevel 7
Nelson Hernandez wrote:

Did you sign into self serve before you started the process? When I got to the choose my plan part the system just had me add my current plan to the cart. I too have a 55$ plan.
Nelson Hernandez wrote:

Yes, I  went to the self serve and I had the phone that I wanted in my cart. When I choose my current plan witch had the star highlighted it said it was not available in my province. I live in Ontario, I tried this for several times. I work a lot so I did not have time to go to the store. Now the phone I want is back up to regular price. I will not change my plan. I pay for 4 lines and if I am forced to change my plan then I might as well go with another company. I will be taking the 4 lines with me if I do. My one child is currently with Virgin has been since grade school. Where I work I can get a discount on another major carrier which I would consider as well. Just annoying when they tell you that you do not need to change your plan and then they expect you too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nelson Hernandez wrote:

Hi Louise,
You could upgrade your Tab at any Koodo-related stores. The agent there will do it for you. If there is missing credits that you could do online only, I would suggest you take a snapshot and posted here. Later, Koodo agent could confirm and help you with those credits.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nelson Hernandez wrote:

Hi Louise,
You could upgrade your Tab at any Koodo-related stores. The agent there will do it for you. If there is missing credits that you could do online only, I would suggest you take a snapshot and posted here. Later, Koodo agent could confirm and help you with those credits.
Nelson Hernandez wrote:

HI Louise,

when upgrading you phone from old to new sometimes the plan you currently have may no longer be available and due to that you may have to change you plan to a new one, although the new plans may not be the same as your current there are some that will be close and if not you can always call in to customer service to see if they are able to resolve the situation further