Koodo Community

Community

Solved

want my TAB charge removed but don't know how...?

Hi, Currently, I have a plan for $29. per month with an additional $5. tab charge. I have been involved with Koodo long enough that I have fulfilled my payment obligations towards the phone I purchased two years ago. Any additional Tab I pay will go towards the purchase of a new phone from Koodo. The issue I have is, I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 4 which I am using on this account... It works perfectly. I plan to keep this phone, and have no intention of upgrading any time soon. Also, if I do plan to upgrade, I will never buy a locked phone again. Therefore I have no reason to build up a tab to buy a locked phone from Koodo. I need to know how to get out of this tab charge. Virgin Mobile has a $30 plan that is marginally better than the plan I am on now. If I can't get out of this $5 tab charge, I feel I will have to switch to VM. Any help or advice will be appreciated, Thanks! Nancy

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Nancy,

That 5$ charge was supposed to drop off once the tab reached 0. Give a call to Koodo in the morning and they should be able to resolve that for you. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Once your tab is at 0$, You stop paying it and all you pay is your monthly plan. If you still have a negative balance, you must pay it off to have a 0$ tab.
Thanks guys... You are the best. 
Userlevel 6
Hey Nancy! Seems like there was a glitch on your account! We took a look and fixed things up for you:) You'll also receive a $5 credit on your bill.  No need to call us in!
Melissa wrote:

Hey Nancy! Seems like there was a glitch on your account! We took a look and fixed things up for ...

OK! Got the $5.00 credit. Further to that, my bill is now at the level I thought it should be. Tab gone, now $29 per month which is what I signed up for. Now I am happy. Thanks Melissa, Chadwick, and Mathieu. Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Melissa wrote:

Hey Nancy! Seems like there was a glitch on your account! We took a look and fixed things up for ...

Awesome. Glad your situation is fixed up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
And once your Tab reached$0, you can switch to a new plan too.

I just signed up to Koodo, bought my Gallaxy 5 at Walmart, I have a 40.00 a month plan and a 15.00 tab charge for my phone, my bill just came in and it's $96.03....I am so frustrated right now, I switched from Bell because Koodo was going to be 1\2 what I was paying with Bell, Well somebody lied to me!
Userlevel 7
Kathy MacKay wrote:

I just signed up to Koodo, bought my Gallaxy 5 at Walmart, I have a 40.00 a month plan and a 15.0...

Hi Kathy,

Take a look at this video, it may explain some things about why your first bill was so high!