Community

Solved

want different sound notifications for text and email

Different ringtones for different notifications

7 replies

what type of phone do you have ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your just looking for files then check out Crackberry.com/ringtones If your looking for how to add them Google for the owners manual of your specific phone model or even YouTube search for how to add them to your specific device.
If you have an Android device I'd recommend checking out Zedge. It's a great free app with lots of ringtones,wallpapers etc.
If you are running an Android phone, there is a way to have your Text messages, and your emails coming in to have seperate notification sounds. What I do is use Google Hangouts (With SMS turned on), which allows you to specifically select a sound for when you get messages there, and then have your system notification sound as something different. In my setup, I use the Scout from TF2 going "wananananana" for my incoming texts, and an Orc Peon from Warcraft as my "everything else" notification.
Userlevel 1
I personally suggest Zedge. Zedge is able to be downloaded in the Playstore. When you get Zedge you simply search for what you want your ringtone to be for instance scooby-doo then you preview the ringtone and if you like it you tap download in the bottom left corner after it is fully downloaded it will say set in the bottom left corner tap set. After, you tap set it will come up Notification Ringtone? Ringtone? you tap which one you want it to be set as. Then, bang you have a new notification or new ringtone!
B2theden wrote:

I personally suggest Zedge. Zedge is able to be downloaded in the Playstore. When you get Zedge ...

Zedge is a great app, but it won't fully do exactly what the OP requested. They want seperate notification tones for Text Messages and Emails. I think you read a bit too quickly 😉 Say, like having a Homer Simpson "D'oh" for Emails, and a Sonic Ring sound for Text Messages.
Userlevel 1
B2theden wrote:

I personally suggest Zedge. Zedge is able to be downloaded in the Playstore. When you get Zedge ...

Like the awfully dreadful... Iphone