Koodo Community

Community

VPN setting not working with my LG-P500h.

VPN setting not working with my LG-P500h. Set Koodo, sp.koodo.com, http://alias... etc. Data activated. Tried closing and reopening phone. Nothing is working. Please help.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't believe that phone is compatible with Koodo. It has very limited 3G bands and 2G bands (which Koodo no longer supports).

Allan wrote:

I don't believe that phone is compatible with Koodo. It has very limited 3G bands and 2G bands (w...

I'm using it with Koodo. MSM, Wi-Fi, phone... I'm just not able to have the Internet when I leave home (or when Wi-Fi is set off). Is that what you mean by ''no longer supports''? Because I can't find it here (No LG Optimus One there): https://apn-canada.gishan.net/lg_phones.php
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

I don't believe that phone is compatible with Koodo. It has very limited 3G bands and 2G bands (w...

I'd the phone isn't compatible with Koodo's bands, then whatever the APN setting you put, it won't work!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

In Canada, the LG Optimus One (P500h) is sold by Telus Mobility since December 2010 and its brand Koodo Mobile since February 2011, with UMTS frequency at 850, 1900, and 2100 MHz
Allan wrote:

850, 1900, and 2100 MHz... 3G bands and 2G bands... I'm lost... What have I got? What does (and does not) Koodo supports? Before buying another phone I need to make sure Internet without Wi-Fi won't work with the one I have. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Yes the phone is compatible. Koodo even sold it when it came out as Paul said. Go into APN settings delete it and create a new one with the following: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/settings/os_6_4_android_23gingerbread_internet_and_mms_settings_for_koodo_mobile.php Restart phone. Pull out Sim card. Put it back in. Restart again. Let us know if there's still issues.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Make sure afternoon enter the APN to tap the menu (3 dots) icon in thr top right had of the screen and save it before exiting the APN settings screen. Don't know if you still have to do this but I had to back when I had that oh one when it first came out. That was actually my first Android phone ever, so using it will probably be a nightmare how slow it's going to be lol good luck
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

@Paul Oh okay. From what I was reading the 850 was a gsm band and it didnt have an 850 umts band. You're probably right though as the phone is working for the OP with everything but data.
Allan wrote:

I hadn't upgraded to Gingerbread. Now I have. Still same problem. Did everything: data enabled, settings to the letter, restarted, pulled out SIM card, etc. Now I have multiple APN Koodo Mobile settings and I can't delete them. I tried one after the other, they all have the same settings & they all won't work!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Try factory resetting your phone. Be sure to back it up. Not sure why it's being difficult. I bought one for my mom when it came out and therefore never were any issues.
Allan wrote:

Just did. Isn't working either. Thanks for the advice.
Allan wrote:

The Internet was blocked by the company. It's working fine now.

Thank you all for your help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you sure that you mean VPN? There are no specific Koodo settings for that as Koodo doesn't specifically do VPN. Do you mean APN?
Goran wrote:

Are you sure that you mean VPN? There are no specific Koodo settings for that as Koodo doesn't sp...

Yes, I meant APN.