Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Volume keeps turning down

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone? What app? When does it happen? If you want some help, be more specific please...
android s5- app don't know-over nite 
APP- Sounds and Notification
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ernest Niedermayer wrote:

So the main volume of the phone is turning down randomly? Or is it only in a specific app?

only in the Specific APP- Sound and Notification
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Make sure there is nothing stuck in the crack where the volume button is. Make sure the buttons not broken. As far as it doing that, you COULD try a factory reset which may not resolve anything but definitely could as well. Do you have warranty?

no Warranty What next?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try the factory reset.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If the factory reset doesn't work which I'm hopeful. You may have a faulty switch in the volume rocker or it got broken somehow. If you don't have a warranty and u can't live with it, you may be forced to seek out a new handset.

Tomorrow morning I will check to see if the sound has been turned down because that's when it occurs during the night I will let you know in the morning
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It only happens during the night? Do you have something like tasker or ifttt installed by any chance?

no have no such equipment or program
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm still thinking it must be some rogue app causing it... One that is triggered during the night. I suggest you try the factory reset and then put your apps back one a day, see if any of them mingles with your volume settings.

could you explain to me a factory reset
Badge +4

A factory reset will erase all user content from the phone, excluding content stored on an SD card, (if applicable). If there's a problematic app, whether it's a system or user app causing the volume issue, a factory reset should restore all settings to factory default. Video below shows both hardware and software factory reset methods. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqm0urB6XaU

Happy to report that after the reset the volume is working fine. thank you all for your help