Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Voicemail notification

I have a Samsung Core phone. I do not receive any notification/text message when someone has left a voicemail. Also the phone call log indicates a missed call but does not indicate whether a voicemail has been left. Why?

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi, Dave First of all, make sure that you have your voicemail actually turned on. In Dialer, tap Menu/Settings/Call Settings/Voicemail/Setup, and make sure the correct number is there. After, open the Dialer app, tap Menu>Settings>Call Settings>Voicemail, and make sure the Sound is set to a tone that you like:) If it still doesn't work after, please notify:) Hope this helps:)

Hi Eugene........Thanks for your help. I followed the directions and voicemail is set up and turned on. I then did a couple of tests. When there is a missed call - whether it rings to the end or I decline the call a "Missed Call" banner appears on my phone when I next turn on the phone. If there is also a voicemail, there is a notification sound just after the voicemail is recorded, however, if i am away from my phone and do not hear the notification then i do not know i have a voicemail..........there is just the standard "missed call" banner. So, yes there is a voicemail notification sound but not very useful because if I missed the call because I was not near the phone, then I also miss the voicemail notification sound. What would be useful is a banner that says "Voicemail" when I next turn on the phone. All for now. Dave
Userlevel 3
Dave Yaeger wrote:

Hi Eugene........Thanks for your help. I followed the directions and voicemail is set up and turn...

Since VM usually folows a missed call, you may want to try this app: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=prof%20reminder You can set it to remind or missed calls and messages...with schedules and all. But I am surprised you don't get the little envelope telling you you have a VM and allowing you to dial the mailbox by clicking to dismiss it.
Dave Yaeger wrote:

Hi Eugene........Thanks for your help. I followed the directions and voicemail is set up and turn...

Thanks MD. What I do get is a cassette tape logo in the very top bar of the phone and if I "pull" the top bar down there is a VM notification. This works for me however I would prefer a banner on the home screen as I turn on the phone. I get a banner for messages and missed calls but not VM.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dave Yaeger wrote:

By default, I believe all that Android gives you is the beep and the little cassette tape icon for voicemail. If you want banners, you will have to look at third party stuff such as that suggested by MD. In any event, you do get a satisfactory banner for missed calls.
Userlevel 3
That's all I can think of unfortunately:( Because this is getting even more complicated, give CS a call and a Rep might be able to solve the issue:) Sorry I can't give any more support for now:( Hope this helps though:)
Thanks Eugene