Koodo Community
Solved

Voicemail

How do I create a voicemail password that is not my own phone number?
icon

Best answer by David AKU 4 December 2018, 18:33

A quick search of the Help link above for the term 'voicemail' returns this:

Set up your Voicemail

• From your phone, dial 1 + your area code + your phone number.
  • You'll hear an automated welcome message.
  • You'll then be asked to create a password, and record your name and greeting.
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Login to your voicemail and it should be under personal options

https://www.koodomobile.com/help/voicemail
Thanks Dennis , I did eventually figure it out.
The Koodo home page didn't seem to explain things clearly. It seemed all I could do was set the password to my phone number. Obviously that has a few problems with it.
Maybe the home page could have a button that says "set up voicemail", that would have worked.
Anyway, I digress, thanks again for your help Dennis.
Keith
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Usually, the voicemail system forced you to change your password the first time you used it. Strange it didn’t.
That's a good point David and probably true. I only signed up with Koodo a couple days ago and haven't received any voicemail yet.
When I phone one of my friends and he doesn't answer, the call goes to a recording that says something like "sorry this clients voicemail has not been set up". I don't know which provider he's with and Koodo may be different.
I wonder if anyone has tested it out?
The koodo help site did leave some questions about voicemail passwords. All it really let me do was rest my password to my phone number and no further instructions. I did eventually learn that I needed to dial one and then my own number and setup works clear and easy but that information came from the forums. I didn't find it on the home page. It may be there and I just didn't see it.
Koodo is new to me and so far so good.
thanks David for the input. Maybe it would have set itself up during my first incoming voicemail.
Keith
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A quick search of the Help link above for the term 'voicemail' returns this:

Set up your Voicemail

• From your phone, dial 1 + your area code + your phone number.
  • You'll hear an automated welcome message.
  • You'll then be asked to create a password, and record your name and greeting.
I used the wrong search term, I searched for something like "how do I change my voicemail password?". Probably "how do I set up voicemail?" Would have worked better.
I'll get the hang of it.
Intuitively I'd expect to log in, find myself at the home page, click on "phone" or maybe "mobile" and then find a button that says "set up voicemail" and not have to search for anything. But that's just me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I used the wrong search term, I searched for something like "how do I change my voicemail password?". Probably "how do I set up voicemail?" Would have worked better.
I'll get the hang of it.
Intuitively I'd expect to log in, find myself at the home page, click on "phone" or maybe "mobile" and then find a button that says "set up voicemail" and not have to search for anything. But that's just me.

If you just checked your voicemail for the first time, it would have asked you to set it up. Usually the short cut to calling your voicemail is the #1 button on your speed dial