Koodo Community

Voice calls robotic and cut out

• 14 April 2021
  • 7 replies

In voice calls, my voice regularly cuts out or goes robotic but the sound in from the person I'm talking to remains fine. I have to walk around my house till I get a better signal so they can hear me. My home is in a deep valley and the sound quality issues diminish when I make calls outside of the valley. Others in my family don't have this issue (different cell phones and providers). Trying to find a solution. Turning the device on and off does not make a difference. 

7 replies

Thank you Dinh! Just disabled it! Too late here to call someone but I'll give it a try in the morning. Really appreciate all the suggestions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would suggest you try to disable the VoLTE in the call settings of the Huawei P20Pro. If you disable VoLTE, calls would be rerouted to 3G (similar to a public mobile phone). Hopefully it helps as you mentioned call with PublicMobile was  fine in the same area.

Thank you Allan. I'll give that a go!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have a Huawei Pro (2 years old), others have Samsung Galaxy (Public Mobile) and iPhone 10/11 (Telus)

Hmm, next time one of them are over try swapping some stuff around and see if it makes any difference.

For example, trying putting your sim card in one of their phones and see if it still cuts out. If it doesn't then there is likely an issue with your phone.

Public and Koodo are all under the Telus brand and should have similar identical service for the most part.

Huawei 20 Pro

I have a Huawei Pro (2 years old), others have Samsung Galaxy (Public Mobile) and iPhone 10/11 (Telus)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just to try to rule some things out, what phone do you have, what phones do your family members have, and what provider(s) are they with?