Koodo Community
Solved

Vocal commands error (And I'm not using voice commands at all) !

Show first post

35 replies

just to add to what mentioned above at step number 5 before clearing data , you should stop the app by ressing "Force Stop"
I have the same problem. 😞 Those steps didn't help me either.
Userlevel 1
Shahrzad Pakravan wrote:

Do not forget to stop the app by pressing "Force Stop" first on step 5
Shahrzad Pakravan wrote:

I did that. There's also no update for Voice Search app.
Userlevel 1
Shahrzad Pakravan wrote:

rikkster is offering solution on this same post, read it and follow instruction
Badge +4
Shahrzad Pakravan wrote:

Refer to my post if you want try this workaround. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/issues-qiowe
I have the same problem. I have the Samsung Galaxy SII and ever since my phone updated on 6/16 that error box keeps popping up for no reason and I don't use the voice command either. Very, very annoyimg.
Badge +4
Alice Canter Dorr wrote:

I have the same problem. I have the Samsung Galaxy SII and ever since my phone updated on 6/16 th...

Are you running Android 4.1.2. or 4.0.4.? To check, go to: Settings > About device - scroll to Android version.
Alice Canter Dorr wrote:

I have the same problem. I have the Samsung Galaxy SII and ever since my phone updated on 6/16 th...

Badge +4
Alice Canter Dorr wrote:

Ok just to clarify, do you have the S2 or the S2x? The reason I ask, is that the S2 and S2x are two different devices. In the same area as above (About device), look for the Model number. If it's an S2x, the model number should read SGH-T989D. The current Android operating system for both devices is Jellybean 4.1.2. You have ICS (or Ice Cream Sandwich) version 4.0.4. If you have the S2, it can perform an OTA or over-the-air update, meaning you don't need to tether it to a computer to upgrade the device. Go to About Device > Software updates. If the Software updates option doesn't appear at the very beginning of the menu, you have the S2x. The S2x needs to be tethered to your desktop or laptop computer via usb in order to download the 4.1.2. upgrade to your S2x. You'll need to download a free application called Samsung Kies. Once you download and install Kies and it finds your device, it will notify you of the update. The update/upgrade takes approximately half an hour. You will be prompted prior to upgrading as to what you want to save, i.e. contacts, files, music and photos. Samsung Kies http://www.samsung.com/ca/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP The OS upgrade should address the Voice Search issue. I'm running several Android devices with the JellyBean 4.1.2. upgrade, I can honestly say that I have never run into the Voice Search error or where it randomly activates for no reason. Samsung Kies takes a little getting used to, if you encounter any problems during the upgrade process, let us know and we'll do our best to walk you through it.