Koodo Community

Visual Voicemail Support for Google Pixel and Android in General

• 19 July 2018
  • 7 replies

Visual Voicemail support has been integrated into Android for a couple years now. It's very noticeable on the Pixel phones as they specifically post a message in the phone app saying "Can't activate visual voicemail". I've read some forum posts that suggest activating the "visual voicemail for iPhone" add-on will actually work on the Pixel, but we should see official support from Koodo for this feature.

On the topic, this feels like a feature that should be free, and advertised as such. Nickel-and-diming customers for tiny features like this feels slimy, especially when it feels like more a feature of the phone and less a network feature. Also a good way to stand apart from the other carriers.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I also wish the Visual voicemail was free....

Relating to Pixel and other androids. I think other manufacturers didn't implement visual voicemail, so only Google devices (and Essentials) can have. Telus does advertise supporting for Android devices https://www.telus.com/en/on/support/article/visual-voicemail-for-android. Koodo for some reasons, didn't advertise it.
Just switched from Freedom Mobile to Koodo and still using the same Nexus 5x. I noticed the dialer app now has the Visual Voicemail tab enabled immediately after switching carriers. Obviously the phone is detecting something different with the new carrier. It would be nice to get more info on using this feature from Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Just switched from Freedom Mobile to Koodo and still using the same Nexus 5x. I noticed the diale...hi vxi,
I think you could try to add the add-on Visual voicemail for iphone (yes iphone) and try on your Nexus 5X. If it doesn't work you could remove it (you might be charged for 1 day of using it in the case it doesn't work - $2/30)
I have a Google pixel 3 went to my account page it offers visual voicemail for $5 per month I purchased it and still not working on my Google pixel 3. I was on Google support they told me to get ahold of koodo support "if you belong to koodo you know how easy that is" lol what's on nobody can get their facts straight if this is only for iPhone it shouldent of let me purchase the add-on
Badge +4
if this is only for iPhone it shouldent of let me purchase the add-on
Why shouldn't you be able to purchase it. You can put the sim in any phone you want. Just remove the add on if you don't want it anymore.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If this is only for iPhone it shouldent of let me purchase the add-on

It says it right there in the add-on name and in the description.

Visual voicemail works for my Pixel 2 XL