Koodo Community
Question

Visual voicemail on Google pixel 3

Why can't receive this service with my Google pixel 3

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo currently only supports visual voicemail for iPhones.
https://community.koodomobile.com/android-81490/visual-voicemail-support-for-google-pixel-and-android-in-general-7766309#post19827008
Well that sucks again and again everything is for iPhone why is that not very fare am sure there are just as many Android user's
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Brew1260 You could add visual voicemail for iphone, your pixel 3 should have visual voicemail after that. I saw 1,2 cases of Android phone with iPhone add-on and it worked.

In the worst case you can remove it later and pay for 1 day of visual voicemail ($5/30).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Brew1260 wrote:

everything is for iPhone why is that not very fare

Possibly because Apple makes it simple for the carriers to implement such services, and Android manufacturers don’t?

See: iMessage or FaceTime for examples.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There are naturally many more android customers than Apple. Apple tends to be better about it being implemented within the OS and with no fragmentation within their ecosystem. That's also why they have the most support for VoLTE and Vowifi.
Userlevel 6
The "iPhone" add-on works fine with my OnePlus 5T (running Android 9.0 Pie). I believe it works fine on Pixels as well, and some other Android models.