Koodo Community
Solved

viocemail keypad disappeared

• 16 December 2019
  • 6 replies

Hi, 

My voicemail was fine last week until I got a new voicemail left from someone and I cannot see the keypad when it's asking me to press 1 2 3 or 4 whatever. 

I restarted my phone a bunch of times and it still doesn't come back. When I turn on the voicemail box, it shows that the key pad is already pressed but it doesn't show numbers. I would like to hear my voicemail and I'm worried that if I call somewhere that has a number set up like that I won't be able to press any of the keypad numbers.

How do I fix this?

I currently have a Nexus 5X and there are no more updates on the phone because it's that old.

icon

Best answer by rikkster 17 December 2019, 01:06

Seems there’s a recent and known bug with the phone dialer itself according to reports from Android Authority and Reddit.

Android Authority

Reddit - Keypad not coming up during calls

There are two options.

Clear the cache and data from the phone app. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications - look for a list of apps and locate the Phone app. Select, Storage - tap CLEAR DATA & CLEAR CACHE and restart phone.

If that doesn’t work, try downloading the latest phone app from Google Playstore. Some reports confirm the bug is fixed after installing the phone app.

Google Phone app

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Your in call screen should look like this. You’ll just want to hit the “dialpad” button, or whatever equivalent button that your phone has.

It is like that yes, but it does not work. 

The keypad shows it is lit up but no numbers appear and i am not able to hear my voicemails or delete them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Does the keypad show up while making calls to other numbers? Is it just when calling your voicemail that it doesnt show up?

Badge +4

Seems there’s a recent and known bug with the phone dialer itself according to reports from Android Authority and Reddit.

Android Authority

Reddit - Keypad not coming up during calls

There are two options.

Clear the cache and data from the phone app. Go to Settings > Apps & notifications - look for a list of apps and locate the Phone app. Select, Storage - tap CLEAR DATA & CLEAR CACHE and restart phone.

If that doesn’t work, try downloading the latest phone app from Google Playstore. Some reports confirm the bug is fixed after installing the phone app.

Google Phone app

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try rikkster’s solution first. If it doesn’t clear the problem, try a custom dialer from the Playstore.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simpler.dialer