Koodo Community

Community

Solved

vietnam

Traveling in Asia - Vietnam and Cambodia. I have a Android Koodo phone. What is the best way (cheapest way) to text and phone home to Canada.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Get a local provider's SIM card from those countries while you stay. It'll probably be cheaper than paying the expensive roaming charges. However, this requires your phone to be unlocked if it isn't already. Try cellunlocker.net if you need it done.
Jonathan I wrote:

Get a local provider's SIM card from those countries while you stay. It'll probably be cheaper th...

Thank you
Userlevel 5
Hey Lorette! To add up to Jonathan's suggestion, if ever you do device to use your device in roaming, please visit http://koo.do/L0AUYo for our roaming packages options 🙂
Wow. Thank you Anna. This is much more affordable than I had imagined
Userlevel 5
It's my pleasure! We very recently introduced international roaming packages, and I'm glad to see they are to your liking 🙂 If you aren't planning on using data while you are away, I would strongly suggest turning off your mobile data and data roaming to avoid any unpleasant surprises 🙂 Have an awesome trip!
Userlevel 3
Anna wrote:

It's my pleasure! We very recently introduced international roaming packages, and I'm glad to see...

Side question for a similar situation: I plan to get the 30BUNDLE for an upcoming trip, but can I renew it BEFORE the 30 days expire and can I do that while roaming by texting 5242? I'm fully expecting to run over the measly 50 minute allocation...you guys should really be more generous that that.