Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Very slow frame rate on new Moto X Play

Userlevel 1
Today I purchased a Moto X Play however after using it I've become more and more displeased and upset with the frame rate on the display. Things that were perfectly fine on my Moto E 2015 are atrociously slow. Have any other owners experienced something similar?

10 replies

Badge +4
Have you tried a factory reset? I've watched a few review videos and haven't noticed any frame rate issues, though in comparison videos alongside other flagship devices, I did notice some lag. I'll be getting the Moto X Play shortly, I'll report back if I see anything out of the ordinary.
Userlevel 1
rikkster wrote:

Have you tried a factory reset? I've watched a few review videos and haven't noticed any frame ra...

I did one after I got it.
Userlevel 1
rikkster wrote:

Have you tried a factory reset? I've watched a few review videos and haven't noticed any frame ra...

I figured it out, apparently it's a known issue that others have experienced as well. Hopefully it's fixed in a future update (maybe in the stagefright update on october 12th?)
Userlevel 2
rikkster wrote:

Oh that sucks. Guess there's glitches on new released phones
rikkster wrote:

Me too.. Just recently acquired this phone last week and I'm planning to return it
Userlevel 2
How is a factory reset done ? And is it safe to do that If the phone is new
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

How is a factory reset done ? And is it safe to do that If the phone is new

A factory reset simply restores the device to factory settings, removing all personal data and temporary files. It's usually found in the settings menu, under titles like Backup/Restore or Reset, depending on manufacturer and/or OS version.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You don't have any battery saver options turned on by any chance, do you?
Userlevel 1
Ivan wrote:

You don't have any battery saver options turned on by any chance, do you?

Only at 15%
Userlevel 7
Yes it's safe to do. Navigate to Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory data reset. Please note that you will lose all locally stored contacts, pictures, music, files, and documents. Backup anything important first and/or sync your contacts to Gmail so they can be restored afterward.