Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Using external USB drive with Moto G

Can anyone tell me what I need (app or software) in order to save anything (files or pictures) on an external USB drive? I connected a MicroUSB OTG cable and downloaded ES File and Quickoffice apps but I can only save files on the device, not on the USB drive. Also, is there a risk of the files saved on USB being erased, since Google has a permission to erase them? Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've never used an USB drive with an android device, but you may like this : http://www.greenbot.com/article/2155300/how-to-hook-up-a-usb-flash-drive-to-your-android-device.html Also, why not transfer all the photos on your USB rive and install apps on your internal storage
Thank you, Robert. I am not a very experienced when it comes to computers. So how do I transfer photos to a USB drive? If I knew how to do it it would've been enough. I would figure out the rest. Also, what apps should I install on internal storage and why? When I bought this phone I thought it would be easier.
Userlevel 7
It's not possible to write to OTG Storage without rooting your device. Basically you'd use a computer to transfer your music, pictures, or videos to the drive and then carry it with your device for when you want to view them.