Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Used up Data

Hello, I had recently purchased a new cellular device at the Koodo Shop at the Chinook Shopping Centre. The plan that I had chosen is the $35 plan which includes the 300 mb of data. The other day, I had no internet and I had plugged in my cellular device into the computer. I then walked away from it as I would go and do some house work. At this point in time, I had used about ~200 mb of data. I came back a couple hours later, and to my surprise, I had used a whopping 1.33 gb of data. I do not know what had happened. I may have fat fingered the "tethering" option. I have no idea. Please provide insight. Thank you.

5 replies

my insight: You will be getting a bigger than expected bill from Koodo this month. Looks like you had something going on on the desktop computer (torrent? P2P? Ftp? Netflix?) that sucked up some data. If you only have 300mb data /month, I would suggest not doing that again 🙂
Userlevel 6
At the 200MB mark, you should have noticed that something was not quite right, and unplugged the cell from the computer. To let it go to 1.33GB was the mistake you should have avoided. Sorry, but this is going to cost 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

At the 200MB mark, you should have noticed that something was not quite right, and unplugged the ...

He meant that he had used 200MB of data on a normal basis and not by the computer
Userlevel 6
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

At the 200MB mark, you should have noticed that something was not quite right, and unplugged the ...

Oh I see... My bad then, sorry!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Matthew. What I suggest is nottify Koodo right away and the day you receive your bill, give them a call. You don't know what can happen.