Koodo Community
Question

Use same sim card from Android to iphone? Please help!

• 25 December 2013
  • 5 replies

Currently have an LG Optimus 1 but purchased an iPhone 5C....both at Koodo and am a Koodo customer. I was told the sim card can be moved from the optimus into the iphone easily, however they seem to be a different size. Am I supposed to cut the sim card or was I supposed to receive a new one? This is for my daughter so I am trying to make her xmas complete. Please help a not so very techy mom. Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 1
You can get it cut at a cellphone/accessories store at the mall but don't know if any will be open today. Alternatively you can buy a correct size sim from koodo and just swap activate them online
You can get it cut at a cellphone/accessories store at the mall but don't know if any will be ope...how much?
Userlevel 7
You can get it cut at a cellphone/accessories store at the mall but don't know if any will be ope...Since you started a new thread as well, I'm just going to link back to it for others and so this bumped thread can "die" http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/sim_card-sifup
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes you can cut the card, however I advise against cutting as you can damage the card, or worse, damage the new phone. If this is a monthly plan account then when you bought the iPhone 5c Koodo should have given you a sim card for free. Only with pre-paid will you have to purchase a sim card when you get a phone
I wasn't comfortable cutting the current sim card for various reasons. It is a monthly plan account so it is good to know I should have received a new sim card...free! Clearly I will need to go back and pick one up. Actually, pick up two because I am upgrading my iPhone 4s to the 5c as well. Thank you both very much for responding! Happy Christmas!