Koodo Community

Community

Solved

usb cable for moto z play

Just received my new Moto Z Play from Koodo...Love It. Still figuring things out, but the battery lasted 3 full days. My question...should a usb cable have been included in the box? None of the other usb cables I have will fit.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From the quick research that i have done, it should have came with a charging cable yes. On the koodo website it says it comes with a "wall adapter". I have not seen a phone come with just the charging brick and not a cable. I would contact someone at the webstore. 
Thanks for the quick reply. The only cable I received was the one that plugs into a wall socket. Sorry to be clueless, but how do I contact the webstore? When I called Koodo, they said the wait time was an hour.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Judy Brooks wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. The only cable I received was the one that plugs into a wall socket....

thats the charging cable.. one end to the wall socket, the other to the charging port of the phone. 

Koodo Webstore:If you need assistance with an order you placed online at koodomobile.com, contact the Koodo Webstore team at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com or 1-844 566-3697. Please have your order number handy.
Hours of Operation:
  • Tuesday to Friday: 3pm to 9pm EST
Judy Brooks wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. The only cable I received was the one that plugs into a wall socket....

Thanks very much.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Judy Brooks wrote:

No problem!
Judy Brooks wrote:

I am using this phone and struggling with the same issue. I cannot connect my phone with PC and head it is suggested do not use any external data cable for best battery life. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Judy Brooks wrote:

The fast charging process requires the included adapter be used, thus the proviso about aftermarket cables. If you want to transfer data to your PC, you will need an appropriate aftermarket cable, unless you do it wirelessly through a cloud account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Judy Brooks wrote:

If your computer has bluetooth enabled you can transfer files that way as well.
Userlevel 6
Judy Brooks wrote:

For file transfer, the cloud or bluetooth options will work.
For ADB/Fastboot commands, you'll need a USB connection. Cheapest option (if you already have microUSB cables) is to get a micro to type C USB adapter. They're dirt-cheap, and work really well. That way, you're relying on the same cables you already have for connectivity, and just changing the head at the tip of the cable to connect your Moto Z Play.
Userlevel 3
Judy Brooks wrote:

What is a cloud account? There are apps to transfer files over Wi-Fi without an internet connection.
Also "ADB over network."
Userlevel 6
Judy Brooks wrote:

This is true. Though most users use cloud accounts like dropbox, google drive, onedrive, etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yeah I believe the new Moto Z Play phones come with a single charger to USB type C connection to the phone thats hard wired to the account adapter and no data transfer cable to attach it to your computer....this is completely normal your not missing anything. If you want the car able that connects cuts to your computer you need to purchase one elsewhere....this is due to the fact that most ppl do things wirelessly now days
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Yeah I believe the new Moto Z Play phones come with a single charger to USB type C connection to ...

A web search using the term [b]Moto Z Play unboxing will show the contents of the box.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yeah I believe the new Moto Z Play phones come with a single charger to USB type C connection to ...

The videos I seen of unboxings showed a wall charger as well.

Wireless? So that's why several of my contacts appeared as if by magic on the Moto Z. Darned if I know what I did to make it happen. Anyway thanks for all the help, guys.