Koodo Community

Community

Solved

US texting plans changing on August 28, 2014?

On August 28th, is Koodo's US texting plan changing? I received a text from an automated number saying that on the 28th, you will no longer need to buy any prepaid texting plan if you are traveling to the US. Instead, you will be charged $5/100 texts outgoing and free incoming texts. I am actually beginning a trip to the US starting on August 28th and I plan to send/receive texts while down there (both to Canadian and US phone numbers). As long as I send under 100 texts (doesn't matter the number of incoming texts), I will be charged only $5 extra on my next monthly bill, is that correct? I currently have an unlimited Canada-wide texting plan, if that changes anything. Just want to make sure I can send texts guilt-free down there without any surprise charges when I get back, and to make sure I'm understanding this new plan correctly.
icon

Best answer by Sophia 27 August 2014, 05:00

Haha yes, lucky you 🙂 You're leaving at the right time and it's true, in the US you will pay $5 per 100 outgoing texts, incoming will be free at LAST!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Haha yes, lucky you 🙂 You're leaving at the right time and it's true, in the US you will pay $5 per 100 outgoing texts, incoming will be free at LAST!