Koodo Community

Community

Solved

US roaming text/call/data

my son is going to the US with this phone on January 3. I just want to make sure I understand. All he has to do is text to the number 4545 the words 10all and he will be covered for calls, text and data?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Lucas,

He will be covered for unlimited minutes and texting. However, he will be limited to 250mb of data.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Lucas,

He will be covered for unlimited minutes and texting. However, he will be limited to 2...

Thanks. Is there anything else he needs to know? Any adjustments in settings that need to be made?
Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Lucas,

He will be covered for unlimited minutes and texting. However, he will be limited to 2...

I think it should work without any additional configurations on the phone. Only thing to check is in Self Serve, make sure the Intertional Roaming Add-on and International Data Roaming Add-on are there (The exact names I do not remember but it is something similar to that, they are both free).
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Lucas,

Does it initialize immediately when you text to 4545?

Userlevel 7
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Lucas,

no, it has to be added via self serve. Take a look at the account. You can post a screenshot of the add-ons section and we can help you make sure you have the ones you need.