Koodo Community

Community

Solved

US data block?

Userlevel 2
I will be going to the US on Wednesday with my wife and 2 girls.  They all have Canadian plans with 1GB of data.  The girls will get the US talk and text plans but no data.  My wife will get a US talk, text, and data.  I know I could just turn their data off but it sometimes "magically" turns itself on.  Will the data block prevent the girls from using data (not wifi) in the U.S? Also, once my wife gets close to her 750MB of U.S. data (shock free would be great here), can I put on the data block so that she won't "accidentally" turn on her data?  Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Yes. Putting a data block on their phones will prevent data use even while roaming but will not interfere with wifi at all. And yes you can use it to cut your wife off.
Userlevel 2
OK, so I put the block on my girls phones just before we leave Canada. I put the block on my wife's phone when she gets close to her 750MB from her U.S. add on.  For my phone, I have a Canadian data plan, 3GB, but I will be using an AT&T chip for my unlocked phone not a Koodo US plan.  Will the data block stop me from accidentally using Canadian data in the U.S when I pop my Koodo chip in to check incoming?  If so, put the data block on just before we leave Canada?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dan Petryk wrote:

OK, so I put the block on my girls phones just before we leave Canada. I put the block on my wife...

If you put the data block on your line, then it will stop data on your line while in Canada or US when your Koodo sim is in your phone.  It will not impact anything on your AT&T sim
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Dan,

Will the data block stop me from accidentally using Canadian data in the U.S when I pop my Koodo chip in to check incoming?  If so, put the data block on just before we leave Canada?

If you don't pu a data block on your account, nothing will interfere with you suing data. Just be sure to activate the data roaming on your phone.