Koodo Community

Community

Solved

upgrading phone

im with koodo tab s3 phone for 9months now (24 months plan) . my question is can i buy a phone from them (htc m8) paying the whole amount of the phone without interrupting my existing koodo tab plan? i

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you buy the M8 outright, you don't need to pay off your current Tab. And you can keep your plan.
Can i do that? Buying phone from them? Oh.. Thank you so much!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
cha buracha wrote:

I meant you can buy it from Koodo stores.
I don't think you can buy it from HTC directly...
cha buracha wrote:

Yah! From koodo thats what i mean.. Thank you .. You help me clarifying things.. Thank you so much
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
cha buracha wrote:

Just to add but you can buy devices directly from HTC through their website.
Userlevel 6
Hi there, if you decide to get a new Koodo phone, you would need to pay off your existing tab, even if you buy the new phone upfront, without a new Tab. Thank you. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yannick wrote:

Hi there, if you decide to get a new Koodo phone, you would need to pay off your existing tab, ev...

Hmmm... How about if you are receiving 15% contribution from Koodo and you don't want to lose it(and you want to keep your plan)?
I thought that buying a new phone outright is the only way to keep old tab system until you upgrade your phone on the new tab or change to a new plan.
Yannick wrote:

Hi there, if you decide to get a new Koodo phone, you would need to pay off your existing tab, ev...

I dont really understand.. Let me clarify. I have 160 tab balance. I dont wanna pay that. I just wanna buy phone from them like pay it outright.. And continue paying my monthly payment until 24months.. Its my 9th month now. Like i want it not to affect my current status now.. I just wanna buy phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yannick wrote:

To be honest, I'm confused now too.
My understanding was " if you buy a new phone outright, you don't need to pay off your current tab and stay on the old tab system (and you can keep your plan)"
Yannick wrote:

Ok.. Thats what im asking.. So i can just buy phone outright .. And no need to pay my tab balance.
Userlevel 6
Yannick wrote:

Hi there,
Mayumi: Buying a phone will switch automatically the customer to the new Tab system, even if the phone is bought outright. This means paying off the old Tab or giving up on the 10% BYOD discount.
Cha buracha: You will have to pay off your current Tab as well. The rule is that all customers need to pay off their tab balance before upgrading. 
Thank you! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yannick wrote:

You don't have to give up 10% if you buy a new phone outright .
http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-s...
Or something changed ?
Userlevel 6
Yannick wrote:

Oh my bad, you are totally right, you don't have to give up the 10%! Only the Tab needs to be paid off. Sorry for the confusion! Good catch Mayumi, thanks 🙂
I can just do that any kiosk right?
Userlevel 5
Right
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Buy the phone unlocked wherever you want, other than Koodo, swap the SIM (change it if need be in self-serve) and your old plan and tab are still intact. No need to deal with the 2-phone monte above.

Thats my problem. I dont know where to buy unlocked phone here.. I cant buy it online i dont have credit card. And i dont want it from kijiji too.. Do you have any idea where to buy it? Htc m8 or blackberry leap.. Any store here that sells that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
cha buracha wrote:

Thats my problem. I dont know where to buy unlocked phone here.. I cant buy it online i dont have...

I'm not sure what models they sell but check Staples they sell a bunch of unlocked devices.
cha buracha wrote:

Thats my problem. I dont know where to buy unlocked phone here.. I cant buy it online i dont have...

Thank you