Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Upgraded phone and plan changed. Did not want plan to change

Hi, I just upgraded to a new phone and my plan changed. I did not want this to happen as I was very happy with my plan. How do I get this fixed back to what it was?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
How did you purchase this phone? Was it through the website or at a store? Did you use Tab Large? You shouldn't have had to change your plan unless it was suggested you do (and only if it worked out to be a better deal) or you took Tab L.
Purchased in store. Tab is $15(13 after my positive tab was factored in). Changing the plan was not discussed. Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What plan you had before and what plan do you have now?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe now tab medium also requires that you have a plan at least 40 dollars, so if you had a plan less than 40 before that could be why but you were absolutely still supposed to have been told and asked about it in order to make an informed decision and consent to go ahead with it.
Goran wrote:

I believe now tab medium also requires that you have a plan at least 40 dollars, so if you had a ...

Thanks!
Userlevel 3
Goran wrote:

I believe now tab medium also requires that you have a plan at least 40 dollars, so if you had a ...

New customers would indeed have to choose from one of our Tab M plans, however, existing customers have the choice to keep their GF plan even if it is <$40. 
Had $40 for 500 minutes and 1gb data. Now only have 500mb and the auto loading of the programs chewed up that before I could get home.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Andrew Power wrote:

Had $40 for 500 minutes and 1gb data. Now only have 500mb and the auto loading of the programs ch...

So, you didn't use Tab Large to upgrade your phone.
It's a same $40 plan, but you had a previous promo plan with 1 GB.
Upgrade your phone with Tab M shouldn't have to change your $40(1GB) plan.
I would call Koodo tomorrow and explain your situation and ask your plan back.
*611 from your Koodo phone, option 5 > then press 0 
Andrew Power wrote:

Had $40 for 500 minutes and 1gb data. Now only have 500mb and the auto loading of the programs ch...

Thanks. Will try to call in the morning. Appreciate the help.
Userlevel 3
Andrew Power wrote:

Hey Andrew!

It seems like your plan was changed back to your previous plan with 1 GB. Hope everything is sorted it out now :)